Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Conn Smythe talk is premature.

The Pens looked like Red Wings vintage 92 and 92, they would lose their poise and start going to the box.

Comment

• give crosby the conn.... just give us the stanley... crosby can keep wiping the dust off the conn, but it wont be the stanley and he won't have a ring unless he gets luckey with a crakerjack box
      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I think Cleary has a really good shot at it.........
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Oh, I'm sure there is.
          Grant Fuhr never won the Conn Smythe...Crazy.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            This Conn Smythe talk is premature.

The Pens looked like Red Wings vintage 92 and 92, they would lose their poise and start going to the box.
            I dunno.

There may only be 60 minutes left in this series/season.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
              give crosby the conn.... just give us the stanley... crosby can keep wiping the dust off the conn, but it wont be the stanley and he won't have a ring unless he gets luckey with a crakerjack box
              Crosby will eventually win a Stanley Cup. The Penguins are not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, there's no guarantee the Wings close them out this season... this series isn't over until one team wins four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                I think Cleary has a really good shot at it.........
                IF we win he was on top of my list too.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• With all the superstars the Oilers had in the 80s, most notably that guy that wore 99 for them, Fuhr didn't have to be spectacular for them to win, just solid.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It was different back then, you had to be a different kind of goalie. The goalie had to do a lot more than they are expected to do now. The Oilers never had the concept of three man high. They were trying to get six a game and depended on Fuhr to keep the other team to 5.

Comment

• I'm not counting this series as over. There's no reason to think the Penguins won't come with everything they have tomorrow night. While I hope they wrap it up tomorrow night, I'm not counting it as money in the bank. We have yet to win in Pittsburgh in this series, and our worst game of the series was the last one we played there. I know we didn't have Pavel but still, this ain't a gimme.

Comment

• I realize that froot... Its hard for a goalie to win the Conn unless he puts up superior numbers, and when you have one of the greatest players ever on your team, that makes it even harder.

Comment

• The Penguins have played most of this series on the edge of having to win, it's gotta be taking an emotional toll. You can only go to the well so much.

The last 4 games (3-6) have basically all been "must wins", i.e. they have to win 1 in the Joe to take the Cup and they certainly don't want to have to do that in a Game 7 (now however they have no choice).

Thats where the Wings experience is the difference, they aren't riding that emotional rollercoaster. The physical one sure, but not the emotional one - been there done that.

Comment

• I'm not counting the series as over either but I think the Wings are going to win tomorrow night and close it out.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              This Conn Smythe talk is premature.

I don't see why. I put out more than just "if the wings win it" scenarios. To be fair, I also said that malkin should get it if pittsburgh wins it all.
                              "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                                I realize that froot... Its hard for a goalie to win the Conn unless he puts up superior numbers, and when you have one of the greatest players ever on your team, that makes it even harder.
                                Ron Hextall won it one year the oilers beat the flyers. Strange!
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X