No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the Wings were lucky to win. Penguins are not getting the bounces. They hit the post twice, and had many other quality scoring chances. Wings are just finding a way. Not much production from Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Hossa, but they find goals. Ozzie's been pretty damn good too. Penguins will win Game 3, and then, as usual, Game 4 will be huge. I love that Spartan, Justin Abdelkader. He looks like Mark Fidrych.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• also, haven't we been in more finals than just six since 1954? Just looked it up this is their tenth finals visit since 1954.

Comment

• Oh Malkin was instigating something. But scrums like that are never used for that instigator penalty. Zetterberg wasn't exactly an innocent bystander. That was a plain old fashioned scrum. Z hits Talbot before Malkin gets there and Z does fight back. Instigator penalties are generally reserved for goons sent out to fight.

Comment

• Then why call it? They should have just let it go, like when Getzlaf jumped Hossa. That way Bettman doesn't reverse the call and appear to be playing favorites.

Comment

• I don't know why they called it, normally refs are call-averse in that situation. They would rather call nothing substantial and let the league sort it out.

Comment

• Man, I would not have beleived they could be 2-0 right now, with tired legs, key players out and a back-to-back. They got some good bounces, but I am very impressed.

Comment

• Malkin definately was an instigator, he came from the other side of the net (as Mark posted) with Z in his sights. I thought I saw him hit Z 2x with his stick, have't watched reruns yet. Z, in turn, gave the ref a couple body blows. The thing that pisses me off, and I have seen this on several occasions, is how the penelties and 5 on 3 with a 2 goal lead with 16 seconds on the clock are moot point. Should carry over to the next game.
                I think Malkin was hoping to put Z out of the next game so crybaby Crosby might get a chance to show how "great" he is. Z is totally shutting him down.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I don't know why they called it, normally refs are call-averse in that situation. They would rather call nothing substantial and let the league sort it out.
                  Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Why call it when you know it won't stick? Pens are letting their frustration and immaturity show. First, Crosby smacks Maltby. Then, Malkin goes after Zetterberg. If the Ducks couldn't intimidate the Wings, the Penguins sure won't be able to.

Comment

• I assumed it was just a "go take a shower and don't bother us for the next 20 seconds" kind of call. Also, by only having 8 guys on the ice, and giving the Wings a 5-3 numbers advantage ; it nipped any other shenanigans in the bud.
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• They called that because they had to by the book. These guys do get graded on their performances and missing that call means more to their reputation than it does to whether or not it sticks. It was that obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                        Malkin definately was an instigator, he came from the other side of the net (as Mark posted) with Z in his sights. I thought I saw him hit Z 2x with his stick, have't watched reruns yet. Z, in turn, gave the ref a couple body blows. The thing that pisses me off, and I have seen this on several occasions, is how the penelties and 5 on 3 with a 2 goal lead with 16 seconds on the clock are moot point. Should carry over to the next game.
                        I think Malkin was hoping to put Z out of the next game so crybaby Crosby might get a chance to show how "great" he is. Z is totally shutting him down.
                        Agree, you do something like that it should carry over in a series. It's like a free pass to do anything you want, even cripple a player if that is the intent.

Comment

• "Malkin definately was an instigator, he came from the other side of the net (as Mark posted) with Z in his sights. I thought I saw him hit Z 2x with his stick, have't watched reruns yet. Z, in turn, gave the ref a couple body blows."
                          -------------------Zetterberg is totally shutting down his buddy Cindy and that pisses him off.

I also agree on the carry over.

Two more to go baby!!!

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                            They called that because they had to by the book. These guys do get graded on their performances and missing that call means more to their reputation than it does to whether or not it sticks. It was that obvious.
                            Then I guess whoever "missed" Getzlaf's attack on Hossa got a bad grade? Yeah, right.

Comment

• Z got a nice shot in on Malkins crybaby face early in the fight.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                Zetterberg is totally shutting down his buddy Cindy and that pisses him off.
                                Is he ever. Crosby cant do anything without Z on him.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X