• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Eastern teams suck!
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
      I never heard it elsewhere.

But that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
      Bullshit!!! Bullshit!!! Bullshit!!!
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• LOL 45 seconds in the zone with no goalie, and no empty netter...
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Really bad rebound control by Osgood on that one. Wonder what excuse Froot will have that says it's not Ozzie's fault.

All in all, though, the Wings came out really solid. They've controlled the puck in their end very well, except for one time that resulted in a goal. Outside of that one really bad sequence, if I'm Babcock, I take that period of play gladly. Even with the injuries, the Wings are deeper than the Penguins. They will win a war of attrition if it comes to that.
          Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Osgood needed to control that rebound better.
          Totally disagree. Yes, there was a rebound but it was not way out into the slot. That goal is all on the D for allowing someone to skate across the goalmouth without any interference. Kronwall was too high on that play.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          LOL 45 seconds in the zone with no goalie, and no empty netter...
          I thought the same. I did not understand why they didn't put the stake into the heart with an empty netter.

Soooooooo.......

Two consecutive games without a power play goal. In fact, the PK was outstanding. I wonder why the Penguins were not up 2-0 after the Wings took the first two penalties? I thought it would be automatic that the Penguins would convert extra man advantages.

Ozzie was outstanding! Interviewed after the game he was asked how he managed to keep Malkin from scoring on his breakaway during the second. His response:"I stood up for as long as I could" which allowed me to make the save.

There has been a lot of talk this week on whether Ozzie is a HOF goalie. No question in my mind that he is a first ballot candidate. His numbers prove it and his play proves it.

Crosbys slash at Maltbys ankles after the game was over and they were lining up to congratulate Ozzie was bush league.

13 down 3 to go.
          Last edited by Malto Marko; May 30, 2009, 10:17 PM.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I'm not going to go as far as a first ballot Hall of Famer, but with his playoff performances these last couple of years, he's most likely in.

I am honestly surprised at how... listless... Pittsburgh's power play was. I'm starting to think that Gonchar isn't nearly as healthy as the Penguins would like people to believe. He's normally deadly cranking shots from the point.

And the problem with the goal the Wings gave up was that it was a shot that really shouldn't have had any rebound at all. Osgood cleanly absorbed a similar shot in the second period, so he can definitely do it. With that said, I don't think any coach in the NHL would complain in the slightest if their goaltender made one mistake a game. Not one.

Comment

• .......oh, and by the way.

The play that Zetterburg made when the puck was on Ozzies back was outstanding however, according to the rule book, they could have called a penalty for two different infractions.

1. A defensive player is not allowed to fall on the puck and cover it, particularly in the crease (note: Defensive player is defined as a skater, not the goalie).

2. A defensive player is allowed to use their hand to forward a puck out of the defensive zone but they are not allowed to cover the puck with their hand in the defensive zone.

Wings got lucky on that one but I am guessing it was a pay back for the late hit by the fat birds earlier in the game.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Good game, no problems on the refs tonight.

Comment

• Yeah, they let the teams play, and it wasn't really slanted either way. Some non-calls were questionable, but both sides got away with some borderline stuff.

Comment

• There wasn't much interference and they called the stuff that took aways chances or created them. Devorski is known for calling a clean game. That one guy probably should have had a penalty at that scrum in front of the net, thats a penalty in February but you're not getting it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      There wasn't much interference and they called the stuff that took aways chances or created them. Devorski is known for calling a clean game. That one guy probably should have had a penalty at that scrum in front of the net, thats a penalty in February but you're not getting it now.
                      Helm took a slash on a breakaway that probably should have been called, but it was borderline in a playoff scenario. I personally liked the "if there is any doubt, let it go" officiating.

Comment

• If the Wings hold on to win the Cup, i think Osgood may have clinched the Conn Smythe with that stop on Malkin.

Although I'm still hoping Franzen wins it.

Comment

• If the Wings repeat as champions, it will be because Osgood held them together through the various injuries and was remarkably consistently solid from start to finish.

Comment

• Great win. I cant believe how easy they're making this look. Lids is nowhere near 100% and Dats is out. How the F does this team do it?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• How bout the goal from the rookie Michigan native... NCAA champion as well.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That was pretty sweet
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X