Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    I was thinking the Millen, but that'll work.
    He's approaching that level, not there yet.

Comment

• Can we slip a Billy McKinney/Rick Sund in there as well?

Comment

• Red Wings coach Mike Babcock took a shot at the league for constantly hyping Sidney Crosby.
        "You can't turn on a TV that covers hockey without seeing him," said Babcock. "Actually, when I watch the commercials from last year, I think (the Penguins) won (the Cup), not us. So I have to check every once in a while."
        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 30, 2009, 02:12 PM.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "Anything else I need to address? Or can we start talking about Pittsburgh now?"
          --------------------------I think you pretty much covered it.

GO
          WINGS!!!

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Sindey is already crying. S(he) thought there was a rule that no one was allowed to check her.

/No offense to the ladies that are tougher than Crosby, which is 99.99% of you out there.
            //I can't wait for the "Kronwalling"!

Comment

• This sucks. We need their defensive play...

Detroit's Datsyuk and Draper to miss Game 1 of Stanley Cup final

2009-05-30 12:30:00

DETROIT - Star forward Pavel Datsyuk and veteran Kris Draper will not be in the lineup Saturday night when the defending-champion Detroit Red Wings take on Pittsburgh in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final.
              Coach Mike Babcock confirmed that the two centres would sit out after both skated Saturday morning at Joe Louis Arena.
              Datsyuk has a suspected broken foot while Draper has a groin injury.
              Babcock said defencemen Nicklas Lidstrom and Jonathan Ericsson would return after missing the last two games of the Western Conference final with health problems. Lidstrom's injury was undisclosed while Ericsson had his appendix removed.
              Datsyuk did not look comfortable trying to make turns on his sore foot.
              "When he first gets on the ice, his foot is stiff and it takes a while for him to get going," said Babcock. "He's tried a few things and it hasn't responded.
              "Our medical people are trying as hard as they can. He'll be back as soon as he can - that's all I can tell you."
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Red Wings coach Mike Babcock took a shot at the league for constantly hyping Sidney Crosby.
                "You can't turn on a TV that covers hockey without seeing him," said Babcock. "Actually, when I watch the commercials from last year, I think (the Penguins) won (the Cup), not us. So I have to check every once in a while."
                The only thing I ever see is the the clip where the Pens score with seconds to go in regulation to tie game five, and then the goal to win it in overtime.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Red Wings coach Mike Babcock took a shot at the league for constantly hyping Sidney Crosby.
                  Read: Bettman is trying as hard as he can to give Crosby the credentials he needs to be called a star.

Also read: Babcock will not only shut him down but bring fire when the anointed one is taking a breather after his third double shift......

I have faith that Babcock will bring the talent. I have no faith that the Commisioners office will not change officiating rules to benefit the fat ass non flying birds.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    I have no faith that the Commisioners office will not change officiating rules to benefit the fat ass non flying birds.
                    The officiating rules will be modified to benefit the birds, that's guaran-damn-teed.
                    "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• GO WINGS!!!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It would be nice to see Crosby get Kronwalled.

Comment

• Nice trampoline boards phantom goal.

Also, the whiny WINGS fans are right on que with their "Bullshit" chant regarding the officiating.

Go figure!

Its a disease with Wings (and local Lions) fans.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Woot!

1-1
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Really bad rebound control by Osgood on that one. Wonder what excuse Froot will have that says it's not Ozzie's fault.

All in all, though, the Wings came out really solid. They've controlled the puck in their end very well, except for one time that resulted in a goal. Outside of that one really bad sequence, if I'm Babcock, I take that period of play gladly. Even with the injuries, the Wings are deeper than the Penguins. They will win a war of attrition if it comes to that.

Comment

• Osgood needed to control that rebound better.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X