Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Okay... even the greatest Osgood apologists will have to admit that was pretty damn soft.

Incredible all game... but that one moment where he just... I dunno what happened. He just misread it.
    funny .... I saw it as an amazing shot by Kane.

That shot gets by every goalie in the NHL 90% + easily. Osgood didn't go down early, he merely protected the part of the net that a guy moving like Kane was could hit. That was a pinpoint shot that went into a tiny space.
    Last edited by Masspartan; May 28, 2009, 07:17 AM.
    Forever One!

Comment

• It was a good shot, but if Osgood stays on his feet it's an easy save.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Wings got boned on the schedule. WTF is wrong with these leagues? The NBA puts too many days between games in the finals, while the NHL jams 2 games back-to-back on the weekend.

Comment

• If the NHL wanted NBC coverage, that's when they had to do it. NBC didn't want to disrupt their prime time programming for the NHL.

Comment

• Obviously it's for the TV schedule, it's the same reason the NBA does stupid shit. Doesn't make it right.

Comment

• Correct

Comment

• It's all about Conan:

DELAYED START AVERTED The Stanley Cup finals could have begun as late as June 5 if the Blackhawks had won Game 5.
                Because of the N.H.L.?s television commitments with NBC, a Chicago victory would have most likely pushed the opener to Friday of next week ? a week and a half after Pittsburgh completed its sweep of Carolina.
                The reason behind the potential delay was that NBC?s prime-time television schedule was geared toward next week?s debut of Conan O?Brien as host of ?The Tonight Show.? NBC is carrying Games 1 and 2 of the Cup finals and did not want low-rated hockey telecasts to lead into ?Tonight.? Nor did the network dare risk an extended overtime delaying O?Brien?s debut.

Comment

• Let's see. The Wings didn't give up a PP goal so chemi can't bitch about that so instead he bitches because Osgood gave up a single goal on a great shot. What are you going to bitch about if Ozzie gets a shutout and the Wings don't give up a PP goal?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• come on Dan-0 ... that was barely a mediocre shot. Osgood may be the only starting goalie in the league who would of given that up
                    Forever One!

Comment

• 'It's about Conan'

Fuck that unfunny bastard.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Red Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom expected to play in Game 1 of finals; Pavel Datsyuk game-day decision

by Ansar Khan Thursday May 28, 2009, 1:11 PM

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Thursday that defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom should be ready to play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals on Saturday. He said the status of Pavel Datsyuk, Jonathan Ericsson and Kris Draper will be determined on game day. Of the three, Draper seems the least likely to be ready for Game 1.
                        Lidstrom, who has missed two games with a lower-body injury, skated on his own the last two days. Datsyuk (bruised foot) skated again on Thursday. Ericsson, who had an appendectomy on Wednesday, might skate Friday.
                        "I certainly expect Lidstrom to play,'' Holland said. "He hold me he's planning on playing Saturday.''
                        Holland said Datsyuk, who missed the last three games of the Chicago series, is getting better every day.
                        "He wants to know when he makes that push that he has that explosiveness,'' Holland said.
                        Lidstrom and Datsyuk are expected to practice on Friday. Holland isn't sure if Draper will practice. He has missed the last two games with a strained groin, which Holland said is not significant.
                        Holland said they won't know Ericsson's status until Saturday. He noted that defenseman Andreas Lilja had the same operation on a Wednesday in October and played on Saturday, after missing only two games.

Comment

• "come on Dan-0 ... that was barely a mediocre shot. Osgood may be the only starting goalie in the league who would of given that up"
                          --------------------------------He is the only goalie who would give up that shot because he's the only starting goalie for the Wings.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I think that the goalie for Carolina (Or it could have been agains the Caps) gave up a similar goal the night that Malkin got his hat trick. Backhand, short side.

I also think that Helm deserved that game winning goal last night. He had a great night.
                            All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I've watched the replay several times, and I'm not sure that Helm actually put it in. Seems that he missed it, and the Blackhawk defenseman put it in his own goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                Let's see. The Wings didn't give up a PP goal so chemi can't bitch about that so instead he bitches because Osgood gave up a single goal on a great shot. What are you going to bitch about if Ozzie gets a shutout and the Wings don't give up a PP goal?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                                I caught myself doing that, and it isn't right. Whether or not you think it's a soft goal doesn't take away the fact that the guy was spectacular in a game where the Wings needed him to be spectacular.

All in all, he's only had one questionable game these entire playoffs (Game 4 against Columbus), and one somewhat shaky period (First period of Game 3 against Chicago, partially forgivable since the Wings were in PK mode nearly half that period). All things considered, that's a playoff performance any team would gladly take, even teams with the likes of Brodeur in net.

And finally the Penalty Kill locked down... helped by the fact that they didn't take any bad penalties at all; the closest was Holmstrom's trip, but even that only negated a power play rather than put the Wings down a man.

And in conclusion, I don't think I was out of line with my worry the defense was tired out. The players themselves acknowledged that after the game. They countered that by dominating the offensive zone and putting the game away quickly.

Anything else I need to address? Or can we start talking about Pittsburgh now?

Comment

Working...
                                X