• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I bet he is just a peach to actually watch a game with..."
    -------------------------Ya think????

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Chemi doesn't watch games the way we do ..... he views them inside a glowing all knowing orb.
      Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
        Chemi doesn't watch games the way we do ..... he views them inside a glowing all knowing orb.
        Actually, I think Chemi can be classified as a true fan to Sports. However, he tries to apply black and white rules to an area that has a lot of gray and he does not see gray.....

This is not Science, this is physical competition.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          LOL Deak! BTW, even though the puck was at his feet, he did not have control so technically, it could be called interference. I still see it as an elbow, though.;-)
          and technically, every time the puck goes into the corner you can call interference too... the defenseman almost always stops short of the puck, takes the hit, then plays the puck........

it's OK to say you are wrong Mark, I did it once and it didn't hurt very long :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Actually, I think Chemi can be classified as a true fan to Sports. However, he tries to apply black and white rules to an area that has a lot of gray and he does not see gray.....

This is not Science, this is physical competition.
            I'm afraid I miss the analogy, Marko. Could you try that in a different way?

And I'm so sorry that pointing out potential areas of concern are such a "thread killer". If the alternative is blissfully going through a season blind, then wondering, "How did they lose? They're the best of all time!", you can keep your ignorance, thank you very much.

You guys must be terribly depressed every time your team loses.

Wow! Gross misrepresentation IS fun!
            Last edited by chemiclord; May 25, 2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Chemi, how are the Wings doing in 5 on 5 situations. Are they better then the regular season? I would guess yes they are better. If so this offsets the worse play on the PP. Would you feel better if they did better on the PP defense and worse in 5 on 5? Point is they are winning and as long as they continue to do so all is fine.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                Chemi, how are the Wings doing in 5 on 5 situations. Are they better then the regular season? I would guess yes they are better. If so this offsets the worse play on the PP. Would you feel better if they did better on the PP defense and worse in 5 on 5? Point is they are winning and as long as they continue to do so all is fine.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                I feel fine.

The Wings have a problem on the Penalty Kill. It hasn't really hurt them yet, but it could. It's a cause for concern, nothing more.

What is this about "would you trade..." shit? How about they not give up a Power Play goal and keep up their 5 on 5 intensity. There's an idea.

Comment

If they get bounced in the first round, it would not be the first time that they had a successful season then get eliminated when the lights go on.

I see them losing in the Conference Championship series.

oooops...... :-D

Comment

• "What is this about "would you trade..." shit? How about they not give up a Power Play goal and keep up their 5 on 5 intensity. There's an idea."
                    ----------------------How about if they never let the other team score a goal---EVER. There's an idea. How about if they never let the other team past center ice----EVER. There's an idea. How about if they never let the other team out of their zone----EVER. There's an idea.

GodDamn Wings need to get their shit together.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• And you call me the King of Hyperbole.

Considering they are running an NHL record for games allowing a Power Play goal, I think it's reasonable to think there might be an issue.

Maybe.

Keep sticking your head in the sand though. Heaven forbid anyone think of the Wings as anything less than perfection on ice, right?

Comment

• Ya know what, DanO... I'll raise ya!

If the Wings take 20 minutes off every game, and give up a Power Play goal every game against the Penguins... I guarantee you they will lose that series.

Pittsburgh is better than they were last year. Malkin hasn't been invisible these playoffs. They are a year older and a year wiser. I am not disrespecting the Wings so much as giving proper respect to the team they will likely be playing. The Penguins are not a pushover. They weren't pushovers last year, and their experience will be well served this time around.

The Wings will have to be at their best, and that best isn't giving up thirteen straight games with a Power Play goal. That best isn't coming out half-awake in the first period. They do those things in the Final, it will be the Penguins walking out of the arena with the Stanley Cup.

Comment

• and the Wings will struggle against Miller and the Blue Jackets

Comment

• Really? When did I say that?

Honestly... I may have, I don't remember. Don't think I did though. Good to know you think the Pittsburgh Penguins are pretty much the same as the Columbus Blue Jackets though. Because, you know, they're like totally the same skill level and everything, right?

Comment

• not pointed at you.... per se, but damn folks, enjoy the march to the Stanley Cup Finals on a fucking Lions fan board....

the Wings are rolling, and I don't thing the Wings giving up a PP goal in 14 straight games means shit when they are 10-4 in those games........

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                                not pointed at you.... per se, but damn folks, enjoy the march to the Stanley Cup Finals on a fucking Lions fan board....

the Wings are rolling, and I don't thing the Wings giving up a PP goal in 14 straight games means shit when they are 10-4 in those games........
                                Right now, it isn't.

It could be an issue when the opponents are a more battle tested Penguins team with more of an ability to draw penalties. Remember, breathing on Princess Crosby can net you 2 minutes. How will the Wings fare when 4 power plays a game becomes 6 or 7? It's a concern, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                                X