No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the TSN video in post 2333. Ex-goalie Darren Pang says it was a goal.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg H View Post
      Ducks fans complain? They would never do that...
      LOFL

Look at this thread alone.

Sans a few posters, there is nothing but F'N whiny WINGS fans complaining about everything and as usual, mostly about officiating. The M.O. of a typical Detroit sports fan.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Thats our cross to bear Gonz.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ
          I would have been rooting for the WINGS to move on but because so many of you are just a bunch of whiny, sore winners, I'm now rooting for S. PAHLSON (former Duck) and the HAWKS.
          Well, I'm certainly disappointed.

Comment

• That series was in the class of the legendary Wings-Avalanches series of yesteryear.

Comment

• I WAS coming in just to say congratulatons to the RED WINGS team and some of their fans in here.

IF you don't like that kind of series, you don't like hockey. I thought it was a great series and the better team won (as expected). The Ducks season came down to the final 5 minutes of game 7 on the road and they didn't create what could have been sure victory (two 5 on 3's and they did not score, r u kidding me?)

At the end of the game we felt like the Duke Brothers when they lost their fortune at the end of Trading Places.

I wanted to scream out, "Turn the machines back on...............turn the machines baaaaack ooooooooooon!"

I would have been rooting for the WINGS to move on but because so many of you are just a bunch of whiny, sore winners, I'm now rooting for S. PAHLSON (former Duck) and the HAWKS.

To MALTO MARKO, BILL C., FROOT LOOPS and DANO, congratulations on your team moving on. They deserved it.
              Last edited by Panoptes; May 15, 2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• I'm confused. How did Rocky quote Gonz before he even made the statement?

Comment

• I deleted to edit and repost.

Comment

• Thanks Gonz. I was very confident for game 7 and that confidence was looking rather foolish with 5 minutes to go.

Comment

• My wife gave up when it was 2-0 but I made her sit back down and take a deep breath and she was glad she did.

After this series, I can say that she's a full on hockey fan now.

She was even calling the right penalties before the whistle.

She even mentioned wanting to finally (maybe) get in on some season tix for the Ducks.

That's my gal.

Comment

• what no love for me Gonz?
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Glad to be counted among the Outsiders. Just call me Ponyboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            I finally got out my hat from the 1995 conference championship series. Haven't worn it for 10 years. I've been waiting for this rematch. Its payback time.
                            But the Wings won that series.

Comment

• forget it he's rolling

Comment

• Ducks like Detroit?s repeat chances
                                *May 15th, 2009, 8:00 am ? 3 Comments ? posted by Dan Wood, Staff writer

DETROIT ? After they and their Ducks teammates had come excruciatingly close to knocking off the Detroit Red Wings, pushing the defending Stanley Cup champions to Game 7 of a second-round playoff series before falling, 4-3, Thursday night at Joe Louis Arena, Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf and right wing Corey Perry fielded questions about what the Chicago Blackhawks might face in the upcoming NHL Western Conference finals.

?I don?t know,? Perry said. ?It?s going to be tough. They (the Red Wings) are good. They have a lot of firepower. Their goalie (Chris Osgood) is playing well. They have one of the best defensemen (Nicklas Lidstrom) in the world. When you pair him up with (Brian) Rafalski, they are two guys who can lead a team. They?re going to be hard to beat.?

With a goal and an assist Thursday, Perry finished the playoffs with 14 points, including a team-high eight goals. Getzlaf led the Ducks in scoring with 18 points, including four goals.

Getzlaf, too, liked the Red Wings? chances going forward, against Chicago and potentially either the Carolina Hurricanes or Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals.

?They?re a great hockey team,? Getzlaf said. ?There?s no doubt about it. They prove it every year. It?s just a matter of them staying healthy and doing what they want to do. I thought we pushed hard. We had an opportunity to win.?

It is highly unlikely that anyone else will have nearly as much opportunity to beat Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                                X