Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stat that needs to be watched more than any other is:

Scoring Chances

Last night it was 22 to 21 despite the usual high shot count by the WINGS.

Quality over quantity is how the Ducks are forced to operate against DET.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• You're so full of shit Gonz.

"I did see the official wave off the goal before blowing his whistle so I would agree with the non goal."
      ----------------------------Why would you agree with the non goal? Do you think the ref made the correct call in blowing the play dead???? If so you're blind.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Why am I full of shit? What are you in non-agreeance () with?

As for the official waiving off the goal, everyone on the officiating side of things state that the officials are trained to whistle a play dead when they lose sight of the puck. He lost sight of the puck and did what he was trained to do. He also waived it dead before the puck was pushed into the net.

Go back and look how long the puck was against the side of the net and the time players were whacking away at it over there and then it slid under HILLER and then slid past HILLER and then was knocked in.

The official lost it once it was off the post. It looked to him like it was under HILLER during that time.

I know it sucks when it happens to your team but it doesn't make the call wrong, just upsetting to the most affected team.
        Last edited by Panoptes; May 6, 2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• DanO, I don't agree that the ref made the correct call in blowing the play dead. It was obvious that the puck was still live. I have seen quick whistles on other games as well during the playoffs. Maybe they are doing it to protect the goaltender or something, I don't know.

What I did see is the ref wave the goal off before I heard the whistle. So when is the play dead? When he waves the goal off or when he blows the whistle. I don't think they both occured at the same time.
          All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I have played enough hockey in my life to know
            that ref was in a very poor position in the first place to make that call.
            He should never have been cycling there to view a hectic goal-mouth
            scramble in last seconds of a playoff game.
            The result, a terrible call.

Comment

• Some of you are talking about two different things on that call.

1) A terrible call (because it negatively affected your team)

2) A proper call made by the official due to the way he is trained (lose sight of the puck, call the play dead).

#1 is true.

#2 is also true.

Here is a solution, when the DUCKS give the WINGS more PP attempts than they receive every single playoff game, the WINGS that were #1 on the powerplay in the regular season and top 2 in the playoffs, they need to cash in.

Otherwise, deal with it.
              Last edited by Panoptes; May 6, 2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• He lost sight of the puck because he should have been in
                a better position which he is trained to do as well.
                Saying it's a proper call still doesn't make the right call.

Comment

• OK, I've just met the first perfect person on Earth.

Congrats Flash50.

Out of position or not, he followed his training once out of position.

Comment

• Maybe, since he was out of position, he should have swallowed the whistle until he was sure. Two wrongs don't make a right.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Go back and look how long the puck was against the side of the net and the time players were whacking away at it over there and then it slid under HILLER and then slid past HILLER and then was knocked in.

Try again. It was shorter than the time between the puck leaving Hudler's stick and Brown's shoulder connecting with his head. But I'm not surprised that you're saying it was the right call.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Not me.

I'm just watching from afar.

But the actual NHL officials aren't backing your assertions.

You guys crack me up like the WINGS are some sort of team of Angels.

You have players that are sneaky little tricks when no one is looking.

Its OK though.

Great rivalries are built this way.

Comment

• The Zebra's always circle the wagons. Do you really think they'll admit to blowing the call? The Wings have been perfecting that "squirt the puck under the goalie, and push it into the net" trick for many years. Damn league caught on to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                            As for the official waiving off the goal, everyone on the officiating side of things state that the officials are trained to whistle a play dead when they lose sight of the puck. He lost sight of the puck and did what he was trained to do. He also waived it dead before the puck was pushed into the net.
                            So the guys on the officiating side aren't willing to admit that their buddies on the officiating side were not in the proper position to see the puck, thus resulting in the bad call? Go figure!

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                            Go back and look how long the puck was against the side of the net and the time players were whacking away at it over there and then it slid under HILLER and then slid past HILLER and then was knocked in.

The official lost it once it was off the post. It looked to him like it was under HILLER during that time.
                            Try again. Puck never hit the side of the side of the net, nor did it hit the post, and guys weren't "whacking away" at it (I suggest watching the video posted above, starting at the 1:26 mark). Puck was shot toward the net, slid under the goaltender and was sitting in the crease waiting to be controlled by someone. The wings were the first to jump on it and stuffed it home. Bad call that should have been a no-call.

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                            I know it sucks when it happens to your team but it doesn't make the call wrong, just upsetting to the most affected team.
                            Gonz, I've never known you to sit here and toe the company line without asking the obvious questions (regardless of who you're rooting for!) Why was the ref not in position to see the puck? If the ref didn't see the puck but his linemen did, why didn't they take the time to huddle and get the call right (especially considering that the whistle didn't sound until after the puck was controlled by the Wings)? Why are the NHL officials acting like there is no problem here when it is clearly a blown call that potentially decided the outcome of the game and series?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Masterpiece View Post
                              Why are the NHL officials acting like there is no problem here when it is clearly a blown call that potentially decided the outcome of the game and series?
                              You mean thes guys?

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 6, 2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Ha! Beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X