Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin crippled Manny!

ST. LOUIS -- Blues goalie Manny Legace left after one period Friday night with a hip injury that occurred when he slipped on the carpet placed on the ice for Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. The Alaska governor dropped the ceremonial first puck before the Blues hosted the Los Angeles Kings. A narrow carpet walkway was placed from the gate at the Blues bench to center ice for Palin, her husband and two of her daughters.
    Just before the ceremony, Legace was the first player onto the ice for St. Louis. A team official pointed to the carpet. But Legace said the official moved his own foot from the carpet just as Legace stepped down, causing the carpet to slide.
    Legace fell, then gingerly made his way to the crease.
    After Legace's mishap, the official rolled up enough of the carpet so other players wouldn't have to step on it.
    Legace described the injury as a strained left hip flexor. He doesn't believe it is serious but said it is painful. He said he won't play Saturday when the Blues host Florida, but wasn't sure if he'd miss any additional games.
    "I felt a pull right away," Legace said. "I was hoping it would just go away."
    But after making his first save, the injury felt worse, Legace said. He played one period, giving up two goals on 12 shots. After the intermission, the team said he suffered a "lower body" injury but did not immediately elaborate. He was replaced by Ben Bishop, making his NHL debut.
    Legace is 4-2 with a 2.94 goals-against average in six games this season. He is 313-291 in his nine-year career. He was selected to the Western Conference All-Star team last season.
    It was Palin's second appearance at an NHL game this month. She also dropped the ceremonial puck at Philadelphia on Oct. 11.
    Legace didn't blame Palin for the injury.
    "She's been pretty good for our game," Legace said. "I'm starting to like her more and more. No grudge."
    Wings beat Atlanta 5-3 last night, BTW; two goals each for Hank and Hossa.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Hossa is looking real good. His first goal last night will be in highlights for the whloe year. The only reason Atlanta was in the game was penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Thats the truth, we don't know where she got the athletic genes. Yes she does look like me.

Is your brother athletic?

Sorry, couldn't resist.;)
        AXE 'EM!

Comment

• LOL.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• F!!!!! Franzen out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury... That sucks!!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Injury-prone....=D
              My hipocracy goes only so far.

Comment

• "F!!!!! Franzen out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury... That sucks!!"
                -------------------Doesn't mean shit. It just gives others more playing time and a reason to change up the lines and try different combos. This team has a plethera of talent. We're not the Anaheim Ducks you know.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Yep. Just a chance to bring back Helms. Wouldn't mind seeing what Leino could do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    "F!!!!! Franzen out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury... That sucks!!"
                    -------------------Doesn't mean shit. It just gives others more playing time and a reason to change up the lines and try different combos. This team has a plethera of talent. We're not the Anaheim Ducks you know.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!!
                    You're wrong, Dano. It's important. Hell, there are only 8 months left until the play offs...
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      "F!!!!! Franzen out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury... That sucks!!"

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!!
                      I know, you can't beat the Ducks. ;)

See you Wednesday.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by OR Lion View Post
                        Is your brother athletic?

Sorry, couldn't resist.;)
                        No brother

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                          I know, you can't beat the Ducks. ;)

See you Wednesday.
                          Can't wait. This west coast tour will tell us what this team is made of.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• There's talk about moving some of the NHL franchises that aren't succeeding in southern United States venues and putting them back in Canada, a second team has even been suggested to be put in Toronto. What I would love to see them do is take a team like Atlanta and move them to Winnipeg, put them in the Western Conference, and then put Detroit in the Eastern Conference. How nice would it be to get to play the Leafs, Habs, Bruins, Rangers 5 or 6 times a year as opposed to the Coyotes, Crapalanche, Predators, Quacks, Queens.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well the game really belongs in Canadian cities as they have more appreciation for the game than the Southern Americans. With that said, appreciation does not pay the bills. Purchasing tickets does. Unfortunately, too many Canadian cities that are deserving of an NHL franchise are too small to financially support the team. To move the teams back into a Canadian venue, there would need to be a revenue sharing plan.

Toronto is large enough to support a second team but, I am not sure the locals would be willing to embrace another team. Since Colorado has proclaimed they are really Hockeytown, how bout putting one in Vale? (Seriously, I think Windsor would be able to support one)

I am not sure Detroit will ever get back to the Eastern Conference. This discussion has already taken place and Wings fans pop up in all of the sun belt cities much like Yankee fans show up in every MLB city. The NHL depends on these relocated fans to sell tickets in the venues that have a hard time giving them away. I am guessing that is probably why the Ducks were able to enjoy a short but respectable sell out streak.;)
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Is that talk that's just surfaced with the strength of the Canadian dollar? Because I doubt that will last.
                                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

Working...
                                X