No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone notice that they are indeed playing at Wrigley Field on New Year's Day?
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Yeah they announced a while back.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Stop Holmstrom Abuse!

[youtube]MilJY03WAt8[/youtube]
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
          Did anyone notice that they are indeed playing at Wrigley Field on New Year's Day?
          We were talking about making a road trip but decided a hockey game on the biggest college football day of the year would just not feel right.

Some of us are also pissed that the traditional New Years Eve game will not take place because of Bettemans marketing idea.

I was wondering. Anyone know how the perennial contending Ducks are doing? (Bwaaaahaaaaa)
          Last edited by Malto Marko; October 14, 2008, 05:21 PM.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nobody knows cuz Gonz isn't paying attention to his teams anymore.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Z back; D done

From Helene St. James in the Freep:
              Update from Joe Louis Arena this Monday: Both Henrik Zetterberg and Brad Stuart are practicing with the team, and Darren McCarty has been put on waivers in an effort to clear up cap space.

Zetterberg missed Saturday's game because of a sore groin, but skated for 45 minutes today.
              Stuart missed the game because of soreness in his left knee; he took a puck to the area last Thursday.

Both expect to be ready Wednesday, when the Wings play at St. Louis.

"I felt good," Zetterberg said. "It was a good skate. Hopefully I'll respond good to this and have a full practice tomorrow and then we take the next step."

Stuart said, "I felt really good. I didn't have any troubles out there, other than being a little slow, but that's just natural."

McCarty will be on waivers until noon Tuesday. If he isn't claimed - and bear in mind there weren't any other teams that were hankering after him when the season began - he can be sent to Grand Rapids.
              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• They (DUCKS 1-5) finally got off the schnide by shutting out the Pacific leading Sharks the other night 4-0 but have since lost again.

The teams sellout record also stopped.

Bah

My kids soccer game is about the only thing I can root for these days and shes in a U-5 league where daisy picking is more important than scoring to the girls.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• LOL, my daughter's soccer games usually breaks into a game of tag (unfortunately almost always started by my kid).

I can now see how parents become those horrible soccer moms/dads. After putting up with the Lions for so long I find myself sometimes getting a little too invested in her games and have to reign myself back in.
                  AXE 'EM!

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                    They (DUCKS 1-5) finally got off the schnide by shutting out the Pacific leading Sharks the other night 4-0 but have since lost again.

The teams sellout record also stopped.

Bah

My kids soccer game is about the only thing I can root for these days and shes in a U-5 league where daisy picking is more important than scoring to the girls.
                    LOL, Gonz. I coached my guys when they were U7 and there were several girls on the team and they also took more interest in the vegetation on the field than the play. It is just the nature of things.
                    Last edited by Malto Marko; October 20, 2008, 06:10 PM.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I coached a group of U7 girls last year and have to admit that even I found the vegetation on the field more interesting.

Comment

• lol
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                          I coached a group of U7 girls last year and have to admit that even I found the vegetation on the field more interesting.
                          Wonder if college female soccer team coaches have that same opinion. ;)
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• My daughter is finishing up her U7 season and in the last two weeks something has clicked. She is by far the most athletic child in our family but sometimes she not aggressive in getting the ball, she'd rather play defense or goal.

Comment

• "She is by far the most athletic child in our family.............."
                              -----------------------I don't know about your wife but it doesn't take much to beat you in the athletic category. :-)

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by DanO; October 24, 2008, 12:42 PM.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thats the truth, we don't know where she got the athletic genes. Yes she does look like me.

Comment

Working...
                                X