No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conventional wisdom would say so, however, last years game between Buffalo and Pittsburgh was the highest rated regular season game in several years. I thought it was a horrible idea at first but you know what? Everyone I know watched the hockey game until the Citrus Bowl came on and then still flipped back on the commercials. If Michigan State isn't playing at the exact same time than I'm going with the hockey game. The effects of the BCS need to be factored into this as well. A hockey game that starts on noon on NYD will be going up against the 7th and 8th best bowl games. IMO, interest in the "second tier" bowls has been eroded by the prolonged BCS process. But most importantly, if the NHL wants to attract new fans, what better audience to go after than when you have virtually EVERY sports fan in the country sitting on their couch watching TV all day? The NHL doesn't have to beat CFB, they just need to get in front of as many people as possible.
    I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• I guess it's just the event. Hey, I went to a dozen games as a student at UM stadium, up there in the student section, and we did a lot more fraternizing than watching football.

Exactly, you can't really see the game at all from that far away. If they had a ton of these outdoor games they would not be such a hot ticket.

Comment

• You can, but if you're into the intricacies of the game, forget it. You can see eleven blurs of color moving around, and if you want to know the score or something, that's what scoreboards are for.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
          You can't get the NBC network feed over there?
          I dont know maybe. I doubt they'll play it on base tho with all the football.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings sign Filppula to a 5 year $15 Mill deal.

Comment

• 3M/year for Flip sounds like a very good deal for us.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Wow that is a pretty good deal.. Great job Holland!!! Flip is a great 2 way player.

Franze Flip Hossa... hahahahah.. its good to be a wings fan.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Comment

• I was looking at the salaries and i dont see how Holland expects to have enough money next season to pay Z, Franzen and expect to keep Hossa. I think its a pipe dream.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I don't think they're really planning on keeping Hossa.

Comment

• "I was looking at the salaries and i dont see how Holland expects to have enough money next season to pay Z, Franzen and expect to keep Hossa. I think its a pipe dream."
                        ---------------------I'm sure Kenny has it figured out. Doesn't the cap go up next year?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Don't give Holland too much credit. He's no Brian Burke.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That's true.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Guess who needs a new challenge?

Scotty Bowman wielded a magic touch as coach of the Detroit Red Wings, and after retiring, continued to lend his expertise as a special consultant to the team.
                              Now, he's taking his legendary knowledge to Central Division-rival Chicago.
                              The Blackhawks will hold a 3 p.m. ET news conference to announce that Bowman, a Hall of Fame coach with nine Stanley Cup rings, will join the team as senior adviser.
                              Team president John McDonough, general manager Dale Tallon and assistant GM Stan Bowman -- Scotty's son -- are expected to attend the news conference.
                              It is the latest coup for the Blackhawks, who are experiencing a resurgency that includes young talents Patrick Kane, named the 2008 Calder Trophy winner as rookie of the year, and Jonathan Toews, who at age 20 was recently named team captain.
                              The Blackhawks also will be hosts of the NHL's outdoor Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Wrigley Field, when they will be playing -- coincidentally enough -- the Red Wings.

Bowman, 74, retired in 2002, making the announcement on the ice after the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, beating the Carolina Hurricanes in five games.
                              After that, he served as a consultant to the Red Wings; Mike Babcock relied on him regularly this season as they won yet another Stanley Cup, beating the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Bowman led the Montreal Canadiens to five Stanley Cup titles in the 1970s, and guided the Penguins to the Cup in 1992. He joined the Red Wings in 1993, and eventually led them to three Cups.
                              Bowman also served as coach and general manager with the St. Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres. He leads all coaches with 2,141 games coached and 1,244 career victories, along with the nine Stanley Cups.
                              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Nepotisim, damn it!
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X