No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because of the proximity of the two cities and the rivalry with all sports between the two cities I can see where they expect a total sell out and then lots of scalping action afterward.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• They shouldve had the game in The D instead of Chicago if they wanted a sellout. Still having it Jan 1 is pretty f'ing dumb IMO
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Actually I had heard that the NHL was negotiating with Ilitich to bring one to Comerica. The stumbling point was that Ilitich wanted the league to pay for the rink and Bettman thought the venue should as the money would be recouped in the gate and concessions. Ilitich did not agree.

I am thinking one in the future in the Big House, with the proper matchup would surely set a Guinness Book record.

Michigan and Michigan State has already done one at Spartan Stadium. Michigan purchasing the outdoor equipment could put it to good use by throwing two a year. Once for Michigan State, Lake Superior State, or Ferris State, and once for the NHL.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That would awesome.. 110k for a hockey game!!
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            That would awesome.. 110k for a hockey game!!
            Why the hell would anyone want to watch a hockey game from a quarter mile from the ice. I understand the appeal of live hockey, but eventually the distance from the ice has to make it so that it is not worth watching...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I guess it's just the event. Hey, I went to a dozen games as a student at UM stadium, up there in the student section, and we did a lot more fraternizing than watching football.
              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• They had no problem selling tickets in Buffalo. Those Wrigley tickets will go fast.

Comment

• I just dont see it. Jan 1? Man thats just a really dumb day for a hockey game.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You didn't see the game with Pittsburgh v. Buffalo. A lot of other people did, big ratings. If it was on a Saturday in late January, it does half the number it did.

Comment

• There is so much football on Jan 1 and the days preceding it, it's good to give sports fans an alternative for a few hours. All those bowl games between 7-5 teams can be numbing.

Comment

• I guess I'm a little bitter as well since i wont be able to see it. They'll have the football on but no way will there be any hockey
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You can't get the NBC network feed over there?

Comment

• You would think by the hype surrounding New Years day and the college bowl games that you would have giant ratings. In fact its not that way. They definitely draw a good number but thats not to say everyone sits and watches all those games. As long as an outdoor NHL game isn't going against the Rose Bowl you are in good shape. Going against the Capital One bowl, not such abig deal.

Comment

• Since they have "Bowl" games from Pearl Harbor Day until President's Day, New Years day and college football are only connected in the minds of us old geezers anyway...
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Except those of us who aren't scouting the seven seas for ne'er-do-wells have the day off, Chief, and there is wall-to-wall ball. So three hours of Ice Capades is a welcome break.

Comment

Working...
                                X