No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holland has come and and said they haven't agreed to anything on New Years Day yet. They are still considering it. As for the New Years Eve game could they possibly play it and then again on NYD? It's not like htey're travelling across country.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• lol.. yeah they shouldnt get to enjoy the holidays..
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I believe the NHL would like for the teams to come in for at least one day before for like a media day. Especially in Chicago.

Comment

• You know Chelly loves the idea of playing outside in Chitown.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            Holland has come and and said they haven't agreed to anything on New Years Day yet. They are still considering it. As for the New Years Eve game could they possibly play it and then again on NYD? It's not like htey're travelling across country.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            No but, it takes a good 24 hours for the legs to recoup after a game. It is not uncommon for back to back game days at the youth and college levels but at the professional level, it is not done very often to allow the body to have proper time to rest before taxing it again. At the professional level, it would be very similar to playing a football game two days in a row. The body uses a lot of energy and takes a lot of punishment in a game.

At the youth level, sometimes they play two games in a single day. This is usually in tournament play and the rules dictate that if one team has to play twice in the same day, all teams must do the same. Otherwise, it would be an unfair advantage to the team that only played one game on the given day.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• [youtube]Aw7i37iz57U[/youtube]
              I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• The Ty Conklin signing was huge too. Holland is a superstarrrrrrr!!!

Conklin finished 18-8 last season and was unbeatable for a long stretch when Fluery was hurt/sucking hard. This signing gives us either a really strong backup to Ozzie or someone to really push Howard.

I was hoping that Howard was gonna get the nod as the backup but its hard to argue with Conklin.
                Another great move by the GM today to get a quality backup for Osgood. Ken Holland never sleeps, so much for Howard being a back up next year... Holland has found his man in the signing of Conklin. This shows what has been thought - the Wings have no faith whatsoever in the once promising Jimmy Howard - a guy who looks like he will never be the man in goal for Detroit, not even as a backup.

Comment

• You know Steeler fans have pretty much always annoyed me, and I wasn't too impressed with Penguin fans during the finals either. They have a bunch of pricks in Pittsburgh don't they?
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Fourth of July party at Chris Chelios's place in Malibu with hollywood stars Rob Reiner Kid Rock, David Spade, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ray Liotta

Comment

• Originally posted by L-kxng View Post
                      Another great move by the GM today to get a quality backup for Osgood. Ken Holland never sleeps, so much for Howard being a back up next year... Holland has found his man in the signing of Conklin. This shows what has been thought - the Wings have no faith whatsoever in the once promising Jimmy Howard - a guy who looks like he will never be the man in goal for Detroit, not even as a backup.
                      I was really drinking the koolaid with Howard. The only problem is you never know with goalies. They can be borderline ok, not looking all that sharp then step in during an injury and just blow up.

With our team Holland doesnt want to take the chance of putting someone in that isnt ready. It would jack up the chemistry no matter how few shots our G's see.

Great signing
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• That is how you keep a winning organization. Bring in talent to push the talent already on the roster. Make them prove their worth then reward them according to production.

Losing organizations on the other hand, bring in talent based on a few nice efforts, then award them a contract that prohibits bringing in competition to the position.

Comment

• I think it's funny how everyone is hitting Hossa with critisism about coming here but isnt he doing what the teams themselves do at the trade deadline.

NHL teams fork over prospects and picks for rental players and you dont hear anything about how teams are trying to win the Cup cheaply. They call it smart and savy moves by the GM's

Its a load of bull. I hope Holland finds a way to keep him here to stick it right up everyones noses.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I am hoping that once he gets here, he will want to stay because a few more bucks are not worth changing environments. He still will be paid handsomely, though.

BTW, for those who use the "who wants to live in Detroit?" mantra, the metropolis is a nice place to live. The city is not so nice.

Comment

• Which is true of just about every other major American city. I like Chicago, Vancouver and Toronto. New York, not so much.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Federov signed a 1 year $4 Mill deal to stay with the Caps.

Comment

Working...
                                X