No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago sure tossed out some serious cash. They have over $13 Mill tied up in Goaltending alone.

Comment

• Wings just signed Hossa for 1 year at around $7.5 Mill.

Comment

• Look at what Hossa is rumored to have been offered by Edmonton.

Comment

• Too late. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3470849
          I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• "Send him to Columbus, they are now free of Sergis contract."

I don't think Sergei's contract was anywhere near that.

Comment

• Man are the Wings loaded now, are we having fun yet!!! Starting to feel like the /02 team. Ken Holland is the best GM is pro sports! There were quite a few stories about Hossa coming to the Wings but the $7.4 million that Hossa will earn next season, is the most Detroit would pay anyone - even an unrestricted free agent. The Red Wings were insistent that no one earn more money than six-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom. Nothing short of a Cup will be a let down at this point.
              I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• I'm surprised the Wings went after Hossa. I'm not his biggest fan but I'll be curious to see what he does on this team.

Comment

• I read that Lidstrom is due $7.45 Mill next year, so Hossa is #2.

Comment

• What line are they going to put Hossa on? I'm assuming they aren't going to break up the Dats-Z-Holmer line, so does he go on the 2nd line with Flip and Franzen?
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I'm sure they'll figure something out Frank. It's going to be tough and it really sucks but they'll just have to sit down and figure out what the hell to do with the guy.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• almost as hard as finding a roster spot for Brian Calhoun......
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Can you say, back to back?
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The last 10 years the Red Wings high profile signing of free agents has been Stanley Cup or major Bust.
                            Freep

Marian Hossa’s one-year, $7.4-million deal is just the latest in a long line of high-profile free-agent signings for the Wings in the past 10 years:

1998 Uwe Krupp, D The Red Wings plucked Krupp from the rival Avs (via Nashville) with a four-year, $16.4-million deal; he played in only 30 games for the Wings.

2001 Brett Hull, RW Luc Robitaille, LW Hull and Robitaille each signed two-year, $9-million deals to join an All-Star-packed lineup that won the Cup in 2002.

2002 Curtis Joseph, G After Dominik Hasek retired, the Wings pounced on CuJo, giving the vet a three-year, $24-million deal. He won only 50 of 92 regular-season games.

2003 Derian Hatcher, D Hatcher, a Michigan native, signed a five-year, $30-million deal, but was a bust with the Wings, playing only 15 games because of a knee injury.

2007 Brian Rafalski, D The Wings replaced Mathieu Schneider with Dearborn native Rafalski for a five-year, $30-million deal. The reward: 55 points in 73 games and a Cup.
                            I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• I cant believe we landed Hossa!!! Our line combos are insane. Dats Z, Hossa are superstars. This is amazing.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Calling the Hatcher signing a bust is a little out of line. He never got to play here after his injury because we had to buy him out after the cap came.

Comment

Working...
                                X