Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
    Orpick turned down the Pens offer. We should go after him if Stuart doesn't sign first.
    .....as reported, Stuart did not show any exuberance after winning the cup so, why would he care to get his name on it again if he can win a big contract to play closer to home (read: Ducks thought they stole Schneider, let them pay big and steal Stuart too and watch what happens.) Read: Ducks miss playoffs by a hair.......but, who cares?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I didn't see the same lack of exuberance you guys did with Stuart.

I notice the Might Ducks of Anaheim bought out Bertuzzi. Seems the guy who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room took a year to figure out what Ken Holland figured out.

Comment

• Suspended Brian grossly overpaid for Bertuzzi
        I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Wings re-sign Stuart today. (And our favorite Lilja yesterday)

Comment

• Well, I guess he was pretty damn enthused after all.

But seriously, this isn't a new phenomenon. There have been a handful of players who have willingly taken less money to play for a winner. The Red Wings have benefited from this quite a few times as well.

Comment

• The Wings are a class operation that players actually want to play for. Like night and day from the citys football team.

Comment

• Good news, I thought he was a goner. But why the hell are they interested in Bertuzzi?
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Looks like Grand Rapids just got a Goalie: Ty Conklin signs for 1 year at $750,000.

Washington signed Theodore. Colorado signed Raycroft.

Comment

• Wow this is great news!! Stuart signed a four-year contract worth $15 million. I was not feeling to good about him coming back after wining the Cup and then being a FA. Even the talking heads on tv had him going to LA (and a writer at Det News) . You cannot put a price on a good defense-men. Why anyone would want to take a chance on Bert now is questionable.

Comment

• This will also offset the signing of Andreas Lilja :-) , I watched game 6 vs Pittsburgh again the other night - Lilja had 3 turnovers alone in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Comment

• he was trying to keep the game close
                        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• LOL ... Yea and he did his job better later on when he was the one who lost his stick on Pittsburgh's second goal late in the game on that PP, to REALLY make it close (though it could have been call an interference penalty, since it looked like it was purposely knocked out of his hand...still).

Comment

• After the first few minutes of that game Lilja played pretty well. He may get better, but I would much rather see Meech or Ericcson get his playing time. We may have to deal some defense as we are too deep.

Comment

• I like the re-signing. I'm curious to see how he will do in a full season with the team. And as much as I would like to see them give some PT to the youngsters, I wouldn't mind seeing them sign another defenseman.

I've heard that Sundin is looking for $10mill per season. If that's the case he won't be signing here.

Comment

• I've heard that Sundin is looking for $10mill per season. If that's the case he won't be signing here.
                                Send him to Columbus, they are now free of Sergis contract.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X