No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wings have a lot of cap space. Cheli makes peanuts.

Thanks for the congrats Gonz, this is a sweet night for Wings fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The Wings have a lot of cap space. Cheli makes peanuts.

Thanks for the congrats Gonz, this is a sweet night for Wings fans.
      Really? How much cap space do they have? They have 15MM tied up in Lidstrom and Datsuyk. I can not remember what the cap was this year but it is pretty low compared to the NFL.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Red Wings don't just talk about loyalty, they live it. And that sense of family is what led them to their fourth Stanley Cup win since 1997.

This is one hell of an article. I was moved. And I don't get moved.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• With the clock winding down in the 3rd my wife tells me to stop being nervous because it's obvious the Wings are going to win. I said no, the refs still have to call one more penalty on the Wings to give Pittsburgh a chance. About ten seconds later Hudler puts a little tug on someone, and I am a prophet.

DanO said the Wings would be hoisting the Cup and I didn't believe him. Going into the playoffs I had one wish: no repeat for the Ducks. I had no confidence in Hasek or Osgood. Going in I thought Anaheim and San Jose would be really tough to beat. We had a fairly easy road with Nashville, Colorado and Dallas. Nashville and Colorado had some significant injuries. But you have to stay healthy and be a little lucky (Like Fleury's goal on himself).

When I was a kid the Tigers were the best team in Detroit. The Lions were decent. The Wings and Pistons were terrible. I have now witnessed 2 championships for the Tigers, 3 for the Pistons and 4 for the Wings. Who's missing? Thanks, Mr. Ford. The stat that blows my mind is the Red Wings being 13-0 in game six when the other team faces elimination, and 11 of those games were on the road! Amazing that the Wings just won their 11th Stanley Cup, and that's not even half of Montreal's total. Could we catch the Leafs? That would be sweet. And F__k you, Tiger Woods. Golf may be fun to play, and interesting to watch if you do, but hockey is the most exciting and physically demanding game in the world. Golfers are not athletes (John Daly). Golfers don't play hurt. No golfer would get hit in the face with a slapshot and come back to play the same day. No hockey player would ever have a name like Davis Love III. So f__k you, country club boy.
          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 5, 2008, 07:52 AM.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• btw, the Pens are going to be good for a while. Fleury and Crosby are both incredibly talented.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• But the Pens are going to lose some players to free agency. Staal and Malkin are also extremely talented. They are going to have a lot tied up in 4 players in a few years. They may be better off trading 1. (I'll be happy to take Malkin off their hands).

Comment

• The biggest crock of all is that Lidstrom did not make the finalist list for league MVP. He lead the Wings to the Presidents Cup and the Stanley Cup. When he was hurt, we looked like we would be a team swept in the first round. The league wants to show off its offensive stars, but Lidstrom is among the best defensive players of all time and we just showed that defense is what wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  btw, the Pens are going to be good for a while. Fleury and Crosby are both incredibly talented.

the Pens have like 4 guys signed for next season..........
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Man it's been far too long!

We don't have as much capspace as everyone is thinking tho. We have 16 mil under the cap but resigning Filppula (RFA this year) has to be done now. Since Franzen and Hank are RFA next year we can't sign any big contracts that go longer then a year cuz we'll need every bit of capspace we can get for those two next year.

What Holland will prob do is give them a raise now while we have the money. At least thats what I hope he does. Those two will command HUGE raises. Z is amazing and Franzen is looking like a superstar in the making. The way that big guy was moving with the puck was something else.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And ya know.. Ryan Miller (Lansing) is a FA next year. Could you imagine if he took a paycut next year to come home and win one?

Our team with a G like Miller.. lol.. unreal
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• oh and Homer just got called for another goalie int..
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• We also need to sign Stuart. Lilja is a free agent I believe and I hope let him go (although he played better than I anticipated in the Finals). We are deep at defense and need to get Meech and Ericcson in the lineup.

Comment

• When Homer was carrrying the Cup, the announcer said he was getting a little too close to the crease.

Comment

• Don Cherry showed his lack of class again after the game when Steve Levy mentioned Lidstrom being the first European captain to win the Stanley Cup. He said something like "Gee, I wonder why that is." Well, Don maybe it's been a lack of opportunity. How many teams with a European captain have played in the Finals in the last 30 years? To his credit, Barry Melrose said that Borje Salming was one of the nicest and toughest guys he ever played with. I remember one game when the Flyers beat the crap out of him, but he never backed down.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Really? How much cap space do they have? They have 15MM tied up in Lidstrom and Datsuyk. I can not remember what the cap was this year but it is pretty low compared to the NFL.
                                the cap is 52 million and currently they are at 40 million, they have Lilja, Stuart and Cheli to re-sign but thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X