Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That I don't know, honestly.

Tell ya what, if they get all these guys re-signed, and there just isn't any money left, fine. I'll concede.

But I suspect we're going to get a bunch of low-balling offers and the Wings limp into the season about 7-10 mil under the actual salary cap... like they have since Chris took over.

Comment

• You think they are low balling Seider and Raymond?

They weren't 7-10 million last season and Yzerman said he needed to trade Walman to get cap space. Again if you go from paying two of your most important players 2 million dollars to potentially 16 million, that has nothing to do with Chris Ilitch.

They are going to have 6.players at half the cap. They need to play up to the contract.

I also think it's prudent to have a couple million dollars in space going into the year.
      Last edited by froot loops; July 2, 2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• This comes out to nearly a wash salary wise. It adds 500k.
        Two-time Stanley Cup winner Vladimir Tarasenko strengthens the Detroit Red Wings' offense, making up for scoring lost in free agency.

Comment

• That's a good move. He can still be dynamic. The Wings don't have that top top shelf offensive guy ... but Larkin, DeBrincat, Raymond, Kane, and Tarasenko ... that's some decent firepower. Couple good power play units too
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I see a lot of 5-4 type games coming up this season.
            All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• If they are 5-4 wins, that's what matters.

Comment

• In think they will be improved defensively but they won't score as much next season. It still sounds like there is at least one more.deal coming but not sure what it would be.

Comment

• The Wings have had a solid offseason that should build off what they have. Anyone who was expecting someone like Stamkos or Trouba was fooling themselves from the get-go. Personally, I think the Wings are done, they'll resign their RFA's and call it good. Yzerman may want to make one more move happen, but I don't see it.

Comment

• The Rangers were actively trying to trade Trouba to the Red Wings. It wasn't the other way around. It was to the point where the Wings were only going to pay something like half of his salary. But he has a no trade clause and he wants to stay on the East Coast because of his wife's residency.

Comment

• Is that why it failed?
                      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• That's what's being reported, not sure if it's true. He has a weird no trade clause where he gives them a list of 15 teams he can't be traded to before free agency starts. It's pretty clear the Red Wings must have been on it but there aren't 15 teams closer than Detroit to New York for that wife's residency to make sense.

At any rate I don't think it would have been a game changing acquisition unless the Rangers were picking up as much salary the Canadians did with Jeff Perry.

Comment

• Yeah, it sounds like the big hurdle was that Trouba didn't want to go to Detroit, but that was part of the reason why I wasn't expecting it. There were so many moving parts for that deal to happen, and if one of them didn't mesh, there'd be no dice.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; July 10, 2024, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X