No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no I guess it is a man's league. Kenny was right. Let's hope in the year 2024 the Red Wings are contending for a playoff spot in the same sport where the Vegas Knights nearly won a title in their inaugural year, where nobody and I mean nobody said they were going to compete for a playoff spot. Nothing for Stevie but cash in those free passes. Nobody can point to anything tangible that the Wings have, just enjoy the fucking awful play out there at the LCA.

Comment

• The coach from Vegas that year is available ... former Wing, ya know
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I think the Wings believe Blash is the right man to turn it around in the year 2025. That year he will finally develop Anthony Mantha.

Comment

• It’s almost like dwt has taken over froots account just for this thread. When I speak about The Captain the player and Stevie Y the GM it’s 2 very different things. There are no glory days glasses on.

Talking NHL facts with you is retarded because it goes in one ear and comes out the other. You think signing a big name free agent (which doesn’t exist in this NHL) and drafting someone in the 1st round should show IMMEDIATE results.

Stop dodging my question, what could Stevie Y have done differently to have made this team better? Who could he have drafted that he passed on that would have changed the face of the NHL ready team? Barely any of the draft picks from both drafts are even playing in the NHL.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm not talking immediate results, but some clues that they are on the right track. Who has Yzerman picked up in his two full years that are building blocks. The team is flat out unwatchable and now I'm hearing that we need to wait until the mid 2020s to compete for a playoff spot. In the meantime we have to complain about the NHL lottery holding them back and Ken Holland.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Barely any of the draft picks from both drafts are even playing in the NHL.
              I think the point that froot is trying to make is that they SHOULD BE. Holland's "man's league" is a bunch of bullshit, and Yzerman parroting that line doesn't make it any less bullshit. The roster that's currently being run out is a dead end. There's no point for 70% of that team to be on the ice. Dump them, and bring up the young guys. If they're going to flame out in the NHL, burying them on some junior team for three years isn't going to change that. Yzerman isn't protecting them. He's protecting himself, selling you on the "potential of the farm."

Comment

• When you say picked up are you talking about draft picks or free agents?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ken Holland famously said that a rebuild in the NHL could take 10 years. He used that as justification for the Wing franchise trying to extend that playoff streak. Perversely, the Yzerman supporters are saying that Kenny was right. Of course if Kenny said in 2014 that they were going to rip it down to the studs to compete in 2024 that would have went over like a lead balloon.

Comment

• I don't know about it taking 10 years to fully rebuild but you're bananas if you think you'll see the needle move after 1 1/2 years. Not one of Yzerman's draft picks have stepped foot on an NHL rink and prob won't for at least another year. Here's what pipeline your buddy Kenny Holland left us though.. The below stats are CAREER numbers and what year they were drafted in

2018 Zadina - 12 goals 14 assists (56 games)

2017 Rasmussen - 8 goals 13 assist (72 games)
                    2017 Lindstrom - 0 goals 1 assist (18 games)

2016 Dennis Cholowski - 9 goals 15 assist (88 games)
                    2016 Givani Smith - 3 goals 4 assists (29 games)
                    2016 Flip Hronek - 14 goals 50 assists (137 games)

2015 Svechkinov - 4 goals 4 assists (24 games)

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• What year should they compete for a playoff spot? Fraquar says if they compete for a spot in 2024 it's a masterpiece. What do you see on the roster that says Yzerman is here besides Bobby Ryan, Valteri Filpulla and Jeff Blashill?

Comment

• Of course those numbers could have been better had Holland not gotten completely fleeced in the 2016 draft / free agency. Holland brilliantly traded the retired Datsyuk + our #1 draft pick to clear cap space. He did all of that trying to sign Steven Stamkos who didn't even consider Detroit.

That draft pick ended up being Jakob Chychrun who's lightyears better than any Dman that the Wings have had in awhile
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I must have miss d those posts where you said what a mistake it was to pass up Chychrun.

Comment

2018 Zadina - 12 goals 14 assists (56 games)

2017 Rasmussen - 8 goals 13 assist (72 games)
                            2017 Lindstrom - 0 goals 1 assist (18 games)

2016 Dennis Cholowski - 9 goals 15 assist (88 games)
                            2016 Givani Smith - 3 goals 4 assists (29 games)
                            2016 Flip Hronek - 14 goals 50 assists (137 games)

2015 Svechkinov - 4 goals 4 assists (24 games)

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            What year should they compete for a playoff spot? Fraquar says if they compete for a spot in 2024 it's a masterpiece. What do you see on the roster that says Yzerman is here besides Bobby Ryan, Valteri Filpulla and Jeff Blashill?
                            It all depends on Hollands draft picks and how they pan out. If we can't get anything more than 50 total career goals from the last 4 years of Hollands drafts then yes it will be a miracle. Truly I have no idea why Blashit is still around but we won't know anything about Yzerman's footprint until his draft picks are ready.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And for the record it was a pick swap where Detroit dropped 4 spots and gained a second round pick.

Comment

It all depends on Hollands draft picks and how they pan out. If we can't get anything more than 50 total career goals from the last 4 years of Hollands drafts then yes it will be a miracle. Truly I have no idea why Blashit is still around but we won't know anything about Yzerman's footprint until his draft picks are ready.
                                So 10 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X