Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
    Apparently Pavel may be going back to Russia after this season.

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/s...36343044182016
    It's not really much of a news flash that Dats will probably return but its shocking to me that he'd still count against the cap. How the hell does that work?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• NHL teams having to play on consecutive days is retarded. That's so hard on their bodies, and a layman fan can see the difference in energy from one game to the other. That's one reason not to schedule it, but further, it is so UNFAIR to schedule an unrested team against another that has had even only one day off.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Agree jaadam.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          It's not really much of a news flash that Dats will probably return but its shocking to me that he'd still count against the cap. How the hell does that work?
          I was wondering the same thing. If anyone knows a link to something that explains the cap situation when a player leaves for KHL, it would be greatly appreciated. I did read an article that was last year when Ovi was rumored to be heading back to Russia, and in it the author suggested the Capitals would get total cap relief if he left..... but I don't know what happened when Kovalchuk left New Jersey..

Either way a team shouldn't have to pay the player or have it against the cap if they leave for a different league..... would give us money to sign Stamkos if he does leave..... but no cap relief and no Dats would be fucking awful!

Comment

• Never knew I would sit down to watch a hockey game and root for Chicago.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
              I was wondering the same thing. If anyone knows a link to something that explains the cap situation when a player leaves for KHL, it would be greatly appreciated. I did read an article that was last year when Ovi was rumored to be heading back to Russia, and in it the author suggested the Capitals would get total cap relief if he left..... but I don't know what happened when Kovalchuk left New Jersey..

Either way a team shouldn't have to pay the player or have it against the cap if they leave for a different league..... would give us money to sign Stamkos if he does leave..... but no cap relief and no Dats would be fucking awful!
              My only guess is that the contract is guaranteed and the money already paid up front ala Federov's last contract and the clause that escalated the payment of the contract should the Wings reach the Finals.
              Last edited by Malto Marko; April 3, 2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Make no mistake about it.

If Dats thinks they have a chance next year, he will be back.

A player at his elite level and the personal success he has had must make it difficult to think he might be playing on a team that will not make the playoffs.

Comment

• Boston down by 5!

Yes!

Comment

• Only six now.

I am guessing Boston is dangerous and will be able to come back. BwaaaaaHaaaaHaaaaw!

Comment

• ^ you are genius. 6 to 4 now. 10 minutes left.

oh wait. you were joking??
                      Forever One!

Comment

• I am guessing when you are up 6-0 and there are four unanswered goals scored against you including a kicked in goal that they refuse to review......the NHA officiating is fixed also.

Comment

• GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Never knew I would sit down to watch a hockey game and root for Chicago.
                            !
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                              would give us money to sign Stamkos if he does leave..... but no cap relief and no Dats would be fucking awful!
                              This
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well... there you have it. Wow that's painful.

It would be a very painful situation for the Wings should Datsyuk depart. Not only would they lose their most creative playmaker, they would still be billed for him. That's because Datsyuk, 37, signed his last contract after age 35 (he is a late July birthday), which means under the collective bargaining agreement, teams are on the hook for the entire contract even if a player retires.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X