No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard's contract is impossible to get off the books. It would have been nice though.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• AA scored two goals. Dallas ties the game with 1 min left in the 3rd. Datsyuk with the game winner in OT. Huge win.

Comment

• Howard was pretty spectacular again. You could also argue that the first Dallas goal was kicked in. They gave up something like 20 shots in the first period.

AA's second goal was beautiful. That guy could be huge for he future of this team.

The power play is garbage. I know they scored one tonight but it was a 4 on 3 in OT. And the fact that they were something like 0-17 in the last six games is horrendous.

Overall, I'm concerned. Maybe it was a good thing they didn't make a move at the deadline. They don't seem to be a contender unless Mrazek plays like Hasek. Outside of the goaltending, Larkin, and Datsyuk, this team has been terrible. The offense doesn't score consistently, the power play stinks, and the defense constantly breaks down.

I've heard people praise Blashill but I have my doubts.

Comment

• We don't look good that's for sure. I'm hoping this team finds an identity in the playoffs because they still play confused hockey. Maybe it's just going to take some time with a new coach.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I didn't know Mazurek was injured.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              I didn't know Mazurek was injured.
              Day to day with a groin injury, from what I understand.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Day to day with a groin injury, from what I understand.
                  They always start out with day to day with groin injuries but, unless he gets a couple of weeks rest, it will continue to be an issue even if it is minor.

Comment

• Quack quack
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Tatar and Nyquist need to get hot.

They carried the Wings last season.

But right now it seems like if Mrazek does not stand on his head. The wings do not have the firepower to win.

Also, did Babcock run more of the one high defense - diamond power play more often season? I thought it looked strange, but it worked.
                      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Hopefully AA sparks Larkin again. He's playing well but it hasn't produced many goals lately. We have a lot of skilled players but we're missing that true power forward like Shanny and we don't have much of a grit line.

Talent is across the board but it's like this is a fantasy team of talented goal scorers while missing those pieces that make up good teams. And don't get me started on the defense. Ericsson has to go.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Hopefully AA sparks Larkin again. He's playing well but it hasn't produced many goals lately. We have a lot of skilled players but we're missing that true power forward like Shanny and we don't have much of a grit line.

Talent is across the board but it's like this is a fantasy team of talented goal scorers while missing those pieces that make up good teams. And don't get me started on the defense. Ericsson has to go.
                          Didn't you get the memo? You don't need a grit line any more.

The addition of speed with AA should help Larkin immensely. Time for Hudler to start showing why they allowed him to sit on the injured list for 3 years and Z and Dats have to start making magic.

Spread the talent around on the lines and other teams will always be playing with a handicapped line.

Comment

• Hudler?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Didn't you get the memo? You don't need a grit line any more.
                              Where is this memo? Because I've certainly never seen it.

I've seen the memo where "enforcers" are useless relics that hurt your team and don't, in fact, deter cheap shot artists (and the evidence to back it up).

But the entire presence of a physical line that works like a blanket to suffocate offensive charges and spell your own skill players? Nope, by nearly all accounts that's not a bad thing to have at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                                Hudler?
                                Think he meant Helm.

Comment

Working...
                                X