No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They drafted all those guys before Scotty went over there.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• He is a master at getting your talent to perform at their best.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Quenneville is the coach. Scotty is probably near 75 years old and mostly living in Buffalo.

Comment

• What would it take to get Backes from St. Louis?
            He's an UFA after next year.

Thoughts....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              The day after I made my post about the Wings not giving up on Mantha, both local papers have articles about the Wings dealing Mantha. LOL

I do think they could trade him if it brings something substantial in return but I have a feeling most of this talk is an effort to try and motivate the guy.
              I still think the Wings are stupid to even entertain it. He missed all of training camp and the first 2 months of hockey because of injury. Once healthy he got thrown onto the GR squad and is expected to be the next coming for a kid that's never played with that kind of competition.

Mantha is big (6'5, 220) and skilled. Larkin has moved passed him on the organization prospect list but I still think Mantha is going to be very good. I'd trade one of the smallish goal scorers (Tatar, Nyquist, Pulkennen) before I would Mantha.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Forgive me as I'm bored as shit and this helps kill some time....

It looks like on the St. Louis boards that Backes would be expected to fetch a 1st, a good prospect and probably another player. I would tend to think that might be high as he's going to be an UFA after next season, but it's probably legit considering he's a big time player and teams would be bidding for his services.

I am OKAY sending away high picks right now as the Red Wings have shown time and time again that they can find legit talent in the middle to late rounds of the draft. I don't expect that to change, so I feel the value of our high picks aren't quite the same as it is for other teams with lesser scouting and development. That being said, I suggest this offseason:

Trade: Conditional 2016 2nd round pick that becomes a 1st if Backes resigns with the Red Wings + Pulkkinen+ Ferraro

Get: David Backes + 2016 5th rounder

He adds the gritty forward and scorer we need. I like him more than Nash, as he is really good on the defensive end and has a lower cap hit.
                Last edited by Habib21; June 17, 2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• I like Backes but like Nash he's on the wrong side of 31 and we need D help not forwards. Until be upgrade the backend adding forwards does nothing for this team.
                  Last edited by jaadam4; June 18, 2015, 02:50 AM.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They need help with forwards. I'm not sure what team you were watching.

Comment

• They need both Forwards and Defense.

The proposed trade for Backes still doesn't effect our ability to trade for Phaneuf if we want..... OR to go out and sign Green if we want.

I would still go after Phaneuf, but I wouldn't include Mantha.

Signing Backes to a 3 or 4 year extension would be fine. Yes he is 31, but He'll be a legit player for another 3-4 years. He isn't a long term franchise player though.
                      Last edited by Habib21; June 18, 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Wings did an awesome job with hiring the new HC in Grand Rapids.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Quenneville is the coach. Scotty is probably near 75 years old and mostly living in Buffalo.
                          I am quite aware of that.

I am also aware that Quenneville could not get his teams very far in the playoffs which caused him to get fired (frequently) but, with the mentoring of Bowman (and they do have telephones and computers to exchange voice and visual data) to address problems, he has found success.

I find it interesting however, the Wings chose to sign Franzen to a long term contract that resulted in Hossa signing with Chicago and Bowman leaving shortly there after.

Hawks did have the wild card with Bowmans son being the GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                            They need both Forwards and Defense.

The proposed trade for Backes still doesn't effect our ability to trade for Phaneuf if we want..... OR to go out and sign Green if we want.

I would still go after Phaneuf, but I wouldn't include Mantha.

Signing Backes to a 3 or 4 year extension would be fine. Yes he is 31, but He'll be a legit player for another 3-4 years. He isn't a long term franchise player though.
                            Phenaufs contract is one of the worst in the league. The only way they move it is if they take on an equally bad contract and or eat some of it. Weiss is our worst contract and his is half the length and far less money.

We also have a ton of youngsters that need to be resigned in upcoming years. We've been in cap heaven for the last several years. We've had so much extra money we couldnt spend it all and what we did spend it on was stupid. (Weiss, Cleary, Samaulson, Tootoo etc). We don't have the luxury of taking bad deals with quality young core players to resign. Let Babcock keep him.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Phenaufs contract is one of the worst in the league. The only way they move it is if they take on an equally bad contract and or eat some of it. Weiss is our worst contract and his is half the length and far less money.

We also have a ton of youngsters that need to be resigned in upcoming years. We've been in cap heaven for the last several years. We've had so much extra money we couldnt spend it all and what we did spend it on was stupid. (Weiss, Cleary, Samaulson, Tootoo etc). We don't have the luxury of taking bad deals with quality young core players to resign. Let Babcock keep him.
                              I agree in that Phaneuf's contract is crap. That is why any trade would include Weiss and probably another million from Toronto per year on Phaneuf's contract. But realistically what would you prefer..... 6 million for Green and hang onto Weiss/buy him out and have dead money, or offload Weiss in Phaneuf trade for a possible 7 million cap hit (if Toronto doesn't take on some money).

What do you suggest they do for Defense? I would be all for saying fuck it to Phaneuf and going after Brent Burns or Byfuglien.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                                I agree in that Phaneuf's contract is crap. That is why any trade would include Weiss and probably another million from Toronto per year on Phaneuf's contract. But realistically what would you prefer..... 6 million for Green and hang onto Weiss/buy him out and have dead money, or offload Weiss in Phaneuf trade for a possible 7 million cap hit (if Toronto doesn't take on some money).

What do you suggest they do for Defense? I would be all for saying fuck it to Phaneuf and going after Brent Burns or Byfuglien.
                                Money, money, money. Blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X