Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    AWESOME!

Wow, he's been incredible! I can't wait to see how much better this kid can get when Dats and Z come back taking a lot of the burden off of him. He's going to be a good one.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      I can't wait to go back and see who was pimping the Cleary signing at the beginning of the year.
      Hey, give the guy a chance.

They might need him if they get into the playoffs. :-D

......and that Nyquist goal........reminds me of my kind of moves in my youth.:-D:-D
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Wow, he's been incredible! I can't wait to see how much better this kid can get when Dats and Z come back taking a lot of the burden off of him. He's going to be a good one.
        Make you feel any better about what the wings have in the pipes when it comes to replacing Dats and Zet?

First, though, they have to address the blue line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

First, though, they have to address the blue line.
          Yeah.. We have a few pieces in place but we definitely need more help.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ya know... I'm gonna man up and admit something. Marko was right all along. Fighting IS a deterrent for thuggery, and we got a chance to see it this season.

See... this is a story of a thug for the Nashville Predators named Rich Clune.

Earlier in the year, he picked a fight with a smaller player for the Washington Capitals named Patrick Wey... knocked poor Wey out of the game.

But that bullying did NOT go unavenged! Later in the year, here comes Washington enforcer Tom Wilson, putting a beating on that asshat Clune!

Man, I don't think Clune is gonna be stupid enough to take a run at anyone on the Capitals ever ag...

Wait, what's that? Oh, you mean it happened the OTHER WAY AROUND? Wilson's enforcement happened FIRST, and THEN Clune mauled a smaller player later in the year? I don't get it... how did that deterrent not stop Clune?

Clearly, Rich Clune just doesn't understand how hockey works. Maybe Marko needs to have a talk with him.
            Last edited by chemiclord; April 2, 2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• i wish we could develop an enforcer in the minors and bring him up as needed. It shouldn't be that hard right?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Ya know... I'm gonna man up and admit something. Marko was right all along. Fighting IS a deterrent for thuggery, and we got a chance to see it this season.

See... this is a story of a thug for the Nashville Predators named Rich Clune.

Earlier in the year, he picked a fight with a smaller player for the Washington Capitals named Patrick Wey... knocked poor Wey out of the game.

But that bullying did NOT go unavenged! Later in the year, here comes Washington enforcer Tom Wilson, putting a beating on that asshat Clune!

Man, I don't think Clune is gonna be stupid enough to take a run at anyone the Capitals ever ag...

Wait, what's that? Oh, you mean it happened the OTHER WAY AROUND? Wilson's enforcement happened FIRST, and THEN Clune mauled a smaller player later in the year? I don't get it... how did that deterrent not stop Clune?

Clearly, Rich Clune just doesn't understand how hockey works. Maybe Marko needs to have a talk with him.
                Nice!

You must be right. Hockey players don't care. They just want to hurt someone else so, take fighting out of the game so they can put a hit on a smaller player and take them out of the game.

Your example may be chronologically correct but, it is not even close to a solid argument that fighting should be removed from the game.

......and with saying that, if one believes fighting should be totally removed then, checking should be also.

Let's make it a non contact sport like Basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  ......and with saying that, if one believes fighting should be totally removed then, checking should be also.

Let's make it a non contact sport like Basketball.
                  This "one" believes that fighting is a deterrent for jack shit. If that is its only reason to exist, then it needs to go.

Fortunately for you, I don't think it is. It's part of the show, it's part of the entertainment. As long as it remains entertaining to those who buy the tickets, that's all it needs to be.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; April 1, 2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Fighting is a part of hockey, whether you like it or not. It always has been and should continue to be. I see both sides of the argument, and both sides have valid points... But taking fighting out of the game will change the game.

On another note, this kid Andreas Athanasiou looks like Darren Helm with better finishing capabilities. Dude is speedy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbJJ2YkK3k"]Andreas Athanasiou NHL Draft Reel - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Wings pulled out another one? Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        Wings pulled out another one? Nice.
                        The Bruins have been playing at an extremely hi level. Great win. Looks like the Wings could be peaking at just the right time. Would love to see them not only make the playoffs, but maybe take a round.

Comment

• Obviously the Red Wings have a lot to be excited about with Nyquist. Has anyone seen Mantha play? He's only 19 - how close to being ready is he?

Comment

• In regards to Mantha.. I think the expectations from the Red Wings front office is to start him in the AHL next year, and perhaps bring him up to the NHL at some point during the season and see how he fairs. He may just be kept up at that point.....
                            Likely though he spends most of the year in the AHL and then comes up for good the following. But Holland said during the prospect camp that he looks NHL ready.....

I think if the Wings are completely healthy next year, there is no rush to bring him up. Let him develop a bit in the AHL for a year. We have a gluttony of scorers on this team when everyone is healthy. Especially if Alfie is resigned, and I assume Holland will resign Legwand simply so it doesn't look like he gave away Jarnkrok and a pick for nothing.
                            Last edited by Habib21; April 3, 2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Wings need defensemen next year. No question.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I don't mind the fighting in hockey. What really pisses me off is the guys who go after other guys for the good clean hits. It's one thing to enforce a dirty hit, but come on, the other team makes a clean hit and you still go after him?

When did these players get so sensitive?
                                All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X