Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
    so I think we should settle on Captain Zee...kinda has a nice comic book ringt to it...Malto I am serious, the quote button is gone...In advanced reply all the emoticons are missing and where people have attached pics, I simply have an attached pictures frame.....I must have accidentally hit some setting that I know nothing about....

BTW...How was business for mother's day?
    If you still want to quote you can type it like I have it here without the dashes:

[Q-u-o-t-e]paste a post here [/Q-u-o-t-e]

Did you upgrade your computer, use a different browser or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
      Wrong. Lidstrom didn't have to do anything leadership wise. That team still had strong roots from the Yzerman era. Lidstrom was a great player and the first European captain to hoist the cup, but that doesn't make him a great leader and it doesn't make worthy of being called The Captain. That is something you earn over a 10-20 year span.
      Lidstrom couldn't possibly have been part of the leadership team under Yzerman, could he? Of course not. That's just crazy talk!
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
        Lidstrom couldn't possibly have been part of the leadership team under Yzerman, could he? Of course not. That's just crazy talk!
        I mean who would expect that in 10 years of being the Assistant Captain that Lidstrom ever had to show any leadership. I mean Stevie even ran the defensive practices.

Comment

Wrong. Lidstrom didn't have to do anything leadership wise. That team still had strong roots from the Yzerman era. Lidstrom was a great player and the first European captain to hoist the cup, but that doesn't make him a great leader and it doesn't make worthy of being called The Captain. That is something you earn over a 10-20 year span.
          Holy smokes, thankfully we have Captain Blue to sort out the nefarious lies Wing players told about his leadership. Apparently there was no leadership needed.

I do like it when CaptainBlue posts, it makes me more confident about what I'm saying. SHe's like the Costanza of our forum. Well done.

Comment

• I never heard anything about Lidstrom being a good leader. I heard that it was Shanny, Chelios, Larionov, Fetisov, and even Coffey that were leaders during the Yzerman era.

Comment

• captain blue, i followed your instructions with the same end result.....I will check my browser...appreciate your help...Yt....One of these days boy..One of these days....
              :}...( i hope that`s a smiley

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Holy smokes, thankfully we have Captain Blue to sort out the nefarious lies Wing players told about his leadership. Apparently there was no leadership needed.

I do like it when CaptainBlue posts, it makes me more confident about what I'm saying. SHe's like the Costanza of our forum. Well done.
                You act like he inherited a team full of misfits and jailbirds. Let's be realistic. Lidstrom inherited a great team that was already headed in the right direction. Yzerman did such a great job leading the team that a baboon could've captained them to a cup.

Comment

• Captain Blue.....I have been using firefox.....I just tried it with IE and everything is fine.....Many thanks for your help....Go wings....Go Captain Zee

Comment

I never heard anything about Lidstrom being a good leader. I heard that it was Shanny, Chelios, Larionov, Fetisov, and even Coffey that were leaders during the Yzerman era.
                    Pssst, by the time they won the cup in 2008 only Chelios was left there. He was subject to the healthy scratch treatment by then. Hard to lead the team as a Black Ace.

If you've never heard about it, you didn't watch the team. And that makes sense on some of your posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                      Captain Blue.....I have been using firefox.....I just tried it with IE and everything is fine.....Many thanks for your help....Go wings....Go Captain Zee
                      Really? That's strange. What version of firefox? I'm currently using firefox 20.0.1 and it's working fine for me.

Glad you got it to work with IE.

Comment

You act like he inherited a team full of misfits and jailbirds. Let's be realistic. Lidstrom inherited a great team that was already headed in the right direction. Yzerman did such a great job leading the team that a baboon could've captained them to a cup.
                        Frank already rightfully pointed out that he was an Alternate Captain for 10 years prior to Stevie retiring which means he also had a hand in the locker room behavior.

We could however, have used the baboon during the Millen years on draft day.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Pssst, by the time they won the cup in 2008 only Chelios was left there. He was subject to the healthy scratch treatment by then. Hard to lead the team as a Black Ace.

If you've never heard about it, you didn't watch the team. And that makes sense on some of your posts.
                          I was talking about during the Yzerman era. By the time Lidstrom became the captain, Yzerman had them trained so well that a baboon could've led that team to a cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Frank already rightfully pointed out that he was an Alternate Captain for 10 years prior to Stevie retiring which means he also had a hand in the locker room behavior.

We could however, have used the baboon during the Millen years on draft day.
                            The letters don't mean squat. A player can be a leader without a letter on the jersey.

Comment

They had like 5 holdover players from the 2002 cup. Again, your posts are terrible on this subject.

Comment

I was talking about during the Yzerman era. By the time Lidstrom became the captain, Yzerman had them trained so well that a baboon could've led that team to a cup.
                                Yzerman didn't train anyone, and if he trained them so well why did they ever fail in the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X