No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t win if you can’t score. They can’t keep the puck in the zone when they’re on the power play. I wouldn’t say Lyon was great tonight but he’s pretty good most nights. He’s far from the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Can’t win if you can’t score. They can’t keep the puck in the zone when they’re on the power play. I wouldn’t say Lyon was great tonight but he’s pretty good most nights. He’s far from the problem.
      Even if this team doesn't make the playoffs being in a pseudo playoff mode the last month should help them.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• How in the world blame gets thrown at Lyon's feet for that loss is completely beyond me.

Comment

• That's his schtick. Maxwell acts like Lyon was signed to be the #1 goalie. Under the Yzerplan he was supposed to be shuttling between Detroit and GR.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            That's his schtick. Maxwell acts like Lyon was signed to be the #1 goalie. Under the Yzerplan he was supposed to be shuttling between Detroit and GR.
            He has been subpar for majority of last month or so. He looks lost as times and was lucky to give up 2. This was also a light workload for the red wings shot wise.

Compare his play to wash goalie who was not a top prospect. One was solid all game and frequently made big saves. lyon gets shaky for stretched. and rarely makes the hard ones. Two goals in 3 minutes?

He cant steal a game, and it sucks when they outshoot another team almost 2/1. It was lopsided. Your goalie lost the duel.

Giving up the goal to ovi with 7 seconds left in 2nd turned out to be it. Tough vs a great player but he saw it the whole way. If he held to 1 goal that game makes OT. He just cant make the big ones and wings (and other teams) need that if you want have playoff success.
            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

That's his schtick. Maxwell acts like Lyon was signed to be the #1 goalie. Under the Yzerplan he was supposed to be shuttling between Detroit and GR.
              What is the yzerplan? Hire TB players? Stevie has to give this team help at some point.
              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Are you new here? That's been my question about the Yzerplan for a long time. As far as Lyon, he's the third goalie that has been a long time minor leaguer. Why can't he steal a game!

Comment

• The Yzerplan (as far as I can tell) was a ground up rebuild, and that it was going to take a considerable amount of time to see those results.

Kinda like the Tigers.

Gosh, I wonder what the common thread between those two franchises is...?

Comment

• People scoffed when Kenny said 10 years to rebuild and the critics scoffed at him.

Comment

People scoffed when Kenny said 10 years to rebuild and the critics scoffed at him.
                      For what it's worth, I scoffed less at the ten year part, and more at the spinning his wheels extending the playoff streak with squads that had no realistic chance of winning the Cup.

If it was going to take that long, then blow it up and get started rather than try and pad his Hall of Fame credentials chasing a stupid record from the Original Six era.

Comment

• I mean getting to the playoffs isn't nothing, people are hoping that the Red Wings can overcome the odds in year 5 of the Yzerplan to get the 8th seed.

Vegas has been to the finals twice and won it once since Kenny uttered the prophecy and they didn't exist when he said it

Comment

• It also didn't take Vegas ten years to do it. It's why I'm ALSO critical of the Yzerplan.

But I do that acknowledging that Yzerman kinda has to do this slow build completely internally and hope that enough pieces fall into place because the man signing the checks is going to routinely refuse to pony up beyond even an average payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            It also didn't take Vegas ten years to do it. It's why I'm ALSO critical of the Yzerplan.

But I do that acknowledging that Yzerman kinda has to do this slow build completely internally and hope that enough pieces fall into place because the man signing the checks is going to routinely refuse to pony up beyond even an average payroll.
                            1) There is a salary cap in the NHL unlike during the Wings hey day.

2) the NHL FA is routinely shit

3) there was very very little left anywhere when Yzerman took over
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Anyone know what the Red Wings record is since the salary cap started? It kinda felt like the Red Wings were the Yankees of hockey before the salary cap kicked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

1) And the Wings are still among the bottom third in payroll, and have been so the entire time Chris I. has run the team.

2) True, but it can still be useful to find the role players that can fill out a roster rather than two-way players that SHOULD be in the AHL.

3) Again, Vegas had LITERALLY nothing, and had a Stanley Cup champion in the same amount of time the Yzerplan has the Red Wings in a dog fight for the 8-seed. Miss me with that excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X