No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the notable exception that the wings know what to do.

Comment

• What's that. Not really do anything in the off season to change a team for that last handful of years. Squeak into the playoffs to be destroyed by a team that was missing their best forward and defensemen.

Then do it all over again next year? This team needs a shakeup
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings are not in a pretty situation.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• This offseason does look like its going to be a rough one

Comment

• It doesn't seem they can do anything about it right now. Kenny is close to a major NHL record and (I guess) has to be afforded the opportunity snag it, AND sadly Mr. I is close to a major life change, as in, no longer living it. Hard to imagine a huge change to the way things are running.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The Wings still work under the assumption that they need complementary players to help their superstars. The problem is they have no more superstars. For 20 years they had 6 to 7 half of fame players in their prime. They don't have that now. They have been very good at producing decent, competent players that aren't game changers. I worry that they overrate Larkin,

I remember the high water mark of this iteration. Sometime during the 2009 Finals they were up and looked to be in control of the series. They had cap space and there was a report that they had a chance to keep Hossa. Of course they couldn't close out that series, they couldn't keep Hossa because they bet on Franzen. And pretty much every move or extension they have made since has hurt them. That was 7 seasons ago.

Comment

• Not sure which was the bigger f up. Letting Hossa go while signing the Mule or trading away Billups.

They both completely changed both winning organizations and they haven't done shit since.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ken Hollands favorite logo

Comment

• Oh wow.. ouch
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• lol.. i like how the TM is whited out.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Ken Hollands favorite logo

Does this mean you are not still optimistic?
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That ship has sailed, sadly the reality set in during game one. And then politics in the locker room has me boiling. I'm just going to step away now, since this organization is about to get real ugly.

Comment

• Is there any way to get out from under Franzen's deal? I doubt he attempts to come back at this point. If he retires is it the same situation as Datsyuk where the team is on the hook for his cap hit the remainder of the contract?

Of the free agents on the team, I would let Helm, Miller, Richards, Andersson, and Quincey all walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              Is there any way to get out from under Franzen's deal? I doubt he attempts to come back at this point. If he retires is it the same situation as Datsyuk where the team is on the hook for his cap hit the remainder of the contract?

Of the free agents on the team, I would let Helm, Miller, Richards, Andersson, and Quincey all walk.
                              Not at this point. Holland had his chance to amnesty Franzen's contract, and declined.

Now the Wings are stuck with it to the end.

Comment

• 3.95 million would not make a difference with regards to the cap.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X