Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
    don't see it ... you either want to play or you don't. Sometimes 7.5 million is more than enough to get a guy to play 'want' to play again, in this case it's not. Datysuk, if he's reasonably good with money will never have to work in his life again, whether he collect the money for next year or not.
    The way I see it is, one more bonified chance to get your name on the Cup might be enough to persuade for one more year.

If they get to the Conference Finals and lose in 7 or the Finals and win or lose, this would be the only compelling reason to give it a try for one more year.

Money does not matter because he is set and he will get paid whether he plays or not.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      When did I say I was okay with this? I posted he was probably leaving two weeks ago and you pretty much blew it off.

I think it sucks about the cap hit, but I don't otherwise care what athletes do when it comes to retiring early or what not. Ownership holds all the cards already, especially in the NFL where most money on contracts isn't guaranteed.
      For the record, I really don't care either. Datsyuk wants to leave, and he gets to be paid for it? Why the hell not? Those are the rules teams like the Red Wings agreed to. I'm perfectly okay with it, in fact.

What I'm NOT okay with are the fans who are gushing with well-wishes for something FAR worse than their Lord Voldemort Fedorov, who did nothing wrong other than say he wanted his agent present before signing a deal shoved in his face.

If what Fedorov did was enough to make him persona non grata in Detroit, than Datsyuk should be regarded about as well as Joseph Stalin in the Motor City.

Comment

• Two completely different situations altogether chemi. Dats spent his entire career in the D. He's 38 years old and is almost out of gas and wants to go home not to another NHL team. Feds wanted to be the big fish in a big pond.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Instead Federov ended up in Columbus! I still crack up over that shit
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Two completely different situations altogether chemi. Dats spent his entire career in the D. He's 38 years old and is almost out of gas and wants to go home not to another NHL team. Feds wanted to be the big fish in a big pond.
            Go ahead and tell yourself that. You're only lying to yourself.

It's apples and apples. Fedorov didn't WANT to leave, he was getting lowballed by Illitch. He was right.

Datsyuk is leaving with the Wings with a cap hit that will hamper their ability to replace him. That's also fact.

Datsyuk SHOULD be regarded with more disdain than Fedorov, but that wouldn't fit the narrative conjured for both players... so we can't be consistent with our ire, now can we?

Comment

• Why is it that every time we have this argument you always end up wrong? Feds signed for LESS money in Anaheim.

The Carolina debacle id side with Feds but not the Anaheim deal
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They don't seem like the same scenario to me at all .....
                Forever One!

Comment

Why is it that every time we have this argument you always end up wrong? Feds signed for LESS money in Anaheim.

The Carolina debacle id side with Feds but not the Anaheim deal
                  Because you have blinders on.

He signed for less money ONLY if you believe the first offer (thrust in front of Fedorov's face after a skate around without his agent present) was made in good faith. No one looking at that objectively would believe so. Every other offer the Wings made AFTER that bullshit offer was for less.

Yet here is Datsyuk, walking away on a deal he signed in good faith, leaving the Wings with a pretty huge cap hit that will handicap their efforts to replace him. Dats is screwing the Wings (though I doubt maliciously), while Fedorov was a second party to the Wings screwing themselves. Why is Datsyuk getting a pass while Fedorov was somewhere between Hitler and Pol Pot in the eyes of the Red Wing faithful for the longest time?

Personally, I'd rather consider both men just fine (both parted ways with the Wings according to the rules that the NHL agreed on, after all), and wish them both well. But if you're gonna hate, be consistent with it.

Comment

• Feds was the devil when he left. You have blinders on
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, whatever.

I know you hate the facts, but your denial won't change them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Go ahead and tell yourself that. You're only lying to yourself.

It's apples and apples. Fedorov didn't WANT to leave, he was getting lowballed by Illitch. He was right.

Datsyuk is leaving with the Wings with a cap hit that will hamper their ability to replace him. That's also fact.

Datsyuk SHOULD be regarded with more disdain than Fedorov, but that wouldn't fit the narrative conjured for both players... so we can't be consistent with our ire, now can we?
                        Apple meet Orange.

I will not disagree over the fact a player would want his Agent present however, I am not totally convinced the opportunity was not allowed but the Agent wanted to stall for more leverage.

Mr. Illitich is not a cut throat owner. He understands legalities. I am guessing everything had been worked out except the monies and he was enraged when his offer was turned down (and we can agree to disagree why it was turned down).

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

Mr. Illitich is not a cut throat owner.
                          That's always been my stance as well. Mr. I has never been scared to spend money ESPECIALLY on the Wings. Why would he make an exception to screw one player? It doesn't pass the eye test.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Feds wanted out. He wanted to live the life style and play on the West Coast. It's pretty well known
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Feds wanted out. He wanted to live the life style and play on the West Coast. It's pretty well known
                              He also wanted the C and to be the star of the team. It did not matter that everyone else already thought he was the star of the team, he wanted the C from Stevie and that was not going to happen.

Comment

• Pavel is 38 and has wanted to go home for years. Holland and Illitch convinced him to stay up to now. I agree it's apples and oranges compared to Fed. That said, I feel no disdain toward Fed. If you want to leave, then leave. It's not like Grant Hill, who lead Dumars to believe he was staying only to bolt unexpectedly.

Comment

Working...
                                X