Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They had two chances to close Tampa out

Comment

• Red Wings as usual battling the officials!
      Odd how battling the officials always seems to be at pandemic levels with Michigan teams.

Sorry about the series loss Wings fans. This Ducks fan wanted DET in the finals.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I didnt think the officiating had anything to do with this loss...They were pretty listless for a game 7....They could have played another week and the Wings wouldnt have scored....Bottom line this team jsut isnt good enough to do much in playoffs anymore.

Comment

• Too bad. I was looking forward to a Montreal-Detroit series.
          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
            I didnt think the officiating had anything to do with this loss...They were pretty listless for a game 7....They could have played another week and the Wings wouldnt have scored....Bottom line this team jsut isnt good enough to do much in playoffs anymore.
            This team isn't consistent enough to do much in the playoffs.

Comment

• The officials did a good job after the first. Babcock and another first round knockout you can take your ass to Toronto.

Comment

• Henrik Zetterberg needs to retire, he's not half the player he used to be. Bottom line he did not show up. You wear the C play like the C. Ericsson wearing the A on his Jersey a complete joke (yes I know it's just semantics with Kronwel out).

This team has no leadership on ice and off the ice, but everybody's happy (Ken Holland) since they made the playoffs and kept the streak alive.

Comment

• I didn't even notice that Ericsson was wearing an A. I wonder if his talent even warrants a roster spot let alone a leadership role.

The Red Wings were good enough to win this series. They should be good again next year.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• They need to shake things up a bit. I'll keep Zetterberg, thank you very much. But he is at the stage where he needs to not be the main forward.

This team is pretty young, they have some cap space, they have some talent on the farm. They have the tools to field a great team next year but they have some work to do to get there.

Comment

• I was generally disappointed in Nyquist this year. Tatar really upped his game, but Nyquist seemed to fade significantly down the stretch and was a non factor in the playoff series. Was he injured?

The Wings desperately need Nyquist and Tatar to step up and have one of them be ready to take an A.

It would also be awesome if Smith could play like he did in game 7 every game, he can be a very good offensive defenseman if he eliminates some of the total boner mistakes.
                      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                        Too bad. I was looking forward to a Montreal-Detroit series.
                        I was as well.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        The officials did a good job after the first. Babcock and another first round knockout you can take your ass to Toronto.
                        Yup, the writing has been on the wall for some time.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• So, I was thinking on may way home from bowling last night, after the game was over.......

Who would you rather have as the Wings GM, Holland or Yzerman?

I have no axe to grind with Holland however, I would prefer the youth and fresh thinking of Yzerman.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I like Holland, I'd rather keep him. He's turned over the roster extensively, it is an important offseason, he's going to have to make some trades.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Chuck Cunningham
                              Too bad. I was looking forward to a Montreal-Detroit series.

I was as well.

I would have been cheering for Montreal of course.....was looking forward to the battle on this thread.....too bad!
                              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Way too many shots from too far out. I thought we had a lot of chances if our forwards tried to get closer to the goalie. We played well and had a lot of chances, but Bishop was able to make some pretty easy saves.

Comment

Working...
                                X