Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    The letters don't mean squat. A player can be a leader without a letter on the jersey.
    Oh, OK. The Wings were in the habit to giving letters to nonleaders and not giving them to leaders?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      They had like 5 holdover players from the 2002 cup. Again, your posts are terrible on this subject.
      Yzerman was on that team until 2006. He was still The Captain of the team until the day he retired. Lidstrom was the worst player for the Red Wings in that 2006 playoff run. He was on the ice for every single Edmonton goal.

Comment

Oh, OK. The Wings were in the habit to giving letters to nonleaders and not giving them to leaders?
        They gave it to young players that they drafted. Doesn't mean that others on the team weren't leaders too.

Comment

Yzerman didn't train anyone, and if he trained them so well why did they ever fail in the playoffs?
          Then why did they put a C on Yzerman's banner? For chits and giggles? Why didn't they take the C away from Yzerman in the early 90s if Yzerman was such a poor leader and didn't do anything to train the team?

Comment

• Just want to say something. Yzerman only won cups with Lids on the team. Lidstrom managed to win a cup and come one poor pinch attempt by Stuart from winning 2 without Yzerman.

Comment

• You guys overrate Lidstrom. He's got to me the most overrated Detroit athlete ever.

Comment

• Hahahahahaha, you're priceless!

If Yzerman was such a tremendous leader that trained the team so well, why did they fail to win it every year.

Nah the real story is as good as Yzerman's leadership was, it was the talent of the team that Bowman, Holland company assembled. He will openly admit his leadership was overrated to the point that it became mythology. Yzerman is embarassed about the legend of the Vancouver speech. I'm sure there were points where his leadership helped, but it was the same thing with Lidstrom it isn't hollywood speeches. Lidstrom was a great leader. He was their best player over his career, he deserved The Captain moniker. Everyone knew to the point where it was a seamless transition and nobdy questioned its use other than TonyG and yourself.

pANDs

Paul Coffey was never a leader on the team. He was a great skater and a tremendous skater, but they didn't take their defensive cues from Coffey. They did take their defensive cues from Lidstrom. In fact in their heyday, their stifling defense was directly the result of his talent and how he ran things on the blue line.

Comment

You guys overrate Lidstrom. He's got to me the most overrated Detroit athlete ever.
                  Yep you got us. He fooled not only us, the Detroit sports scene, but the entire NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                    Just want to say something. Yzerman only won cups with Lids on the team. Lidstrom managed to win a cup and come one poor pinch attempt by Stuart from winning 2 without Yzerman.
                    The Wings would've won all 3 cups from 97-2002 without Lidstrom. BTW, Holmstrom, Draper and Maltby also won cups without Yzeman too. That's a really stupid point to make.

Comment

Just want to say something. Yzerman only won cups with Lids on the team. Lidstrom managed to win a cup and come one poor pinch attempt by Stuart from winning 2 without Yzerman.
                      Don't forget to mention that defensive effort by Hudler that was so bad its hilarious.

Comment

• Wow. Done. I can take a lot of retarded statements. But man that is seriously f-d up. Probably on my ignore list now. Which is disappointing I had completely cleared it awhile back.

Comment

Hahahahahaha, you're priceless!

If Yzerman was such a tremendous leader that trained the team so well, why did they fail to win it every year.

Nah the real story is as good as Yzerman's leadership was, it was the talent of the team that Bowman, Holland company assembled. He will openly admit his leadership was overrated to the point that it became mythology. Yzerman is embarassed about the legend of the Vancouver speech. I'm sure there were points where his leadership helped, but it was the same thing with Lidstrom it isn't hollywood speeches. Lidstrom was a great leader. He was their best player over his career, he deserved The Captain moniker. Everyone knew to the point where it was a seamless transition and nobdy questioned its use other than TonyG and yourself.

pANDs

Paul Coffey was never a leader on the team. He was a great skater and a tremendous skater, but they didn't take their defensive cues from Coffey. They did take their defensive cues from Lidstrom. In fact in their heyday, their stifling defense was directly the result of his talent and how he ran things on the blue line.
                          Wrong. Yzerman was a much better player than Lidstrom, so was Fedorov. It wasn't even close.

Comment

Wow. Done. I can take a lot of retarded statements. But man that is seriously f-d up. Probably on my ignore list now. Which is disappointing I had completely cleared it awhile back.
                            Boohoo. As if I care.

Comment

The Wings would've won all 3 cups from 97-2002 without Lidstrom. BTW, Holmstrom, Draper and Maltby also won cups without Yzeman too. That's a really stupid point to make.
                              Without a doubt they wouldn't have won a cup without Lidstrom. When you're in a hole, quit effing digging. Lidtrom was their only antidote to Foppa. Bowman had to match him with Forsberg at all times. They don't get past the Avs in 1997 or 2002 without him.

Comment

Without a doubt they wouldn't have won a cup without Lidstrom. When you're in a hole, quit effing digging. Lidtrom was their only antidote to Foppa. Bowman had to match him with Forsberg at all times. They don't get past the Avs in 1997 or 2002 without him.
                                Oh please. Fedorov did more to shut down Forsberg than Lidstrom. If Lidstrom was so great, then why did our forwards have to become defensive forwards? Why did Yzerman and the rest of our forwards have to completely change their game?

Comment

Working...
                                X