Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    With 18 games left it's still up in the air. They could wind up 4th or 10th, the games in hand of the other teams isn't a factor yet.
    It is when people talk about how the Wings are in [x] position and are [y] amount of points from [z] position.

In this case, the point totals alone don't tell the whole story.

Comment

• Games in hand is a discussion for magic number calculations. In this case there are 900% more games left than the maximum games in hand. You jumped the gun. You fell to premature statification
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        Games in hand is a discussion for magic number calculations. In this case there are 900% more games left than the maximum games in hand. You jumped the gun. You fell to premature statification
        How do you figure?

Claiming that you're in 5th position because you have one more point doesn't tell the whole story if you've played two more games than the teams behind you. You could wake up tomorrow morning in 7th position without ever playing a game.

That's the point. Position means little right now. Points total is misleading.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          It is when people talk about how the Wings are in [x] position and are [y] amount of points from [z] position.

In this case, the point totals alone don't tell the whole story.
          Totally agree points today means nothing when they count them when the season is over.

However, I do not see the Wings losing more than they win in the final stretch of the season and while they do have problems, I do see them making the playoffs.

With that said..........they have made the playoffs with a significant margin of wins in the regular season only to be bounced in the first round by a team that had to fight to get in.

They will make the playoffs, it is how they play that makes a difference.

There have been a lot of problems this year but hopefully with a short schedule, the braintrust is working a bit of magic.

We will see.

If Bowman was pulling the strings, I would have no doubt. Hopefully, the FO learned something from him.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Will be at the CHI v ANA game at center ice (sec 412 ) tomorrow night. Going with an old roommate that is a Chi-town native and big Hawks fan.

Wish C PERRY was suiting up for this one.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Hawks are light out this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Hawks are light out this year.
                So are the Ducks, they're only a few points behind the hawks.

Also loved Selanne's comment after the Getzlaft and Perry 8 yr extensions: "If those two guys can play 8 more years, so can I. I'm in better shape than they are."
                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post

Also loved Selanne's comment after the Getzlaft and Perry 8 yr extensions: "If those two guys can play 8 more years, so can I. I'm in better shape than they are."
                  HA! That's hilarious!

I've always liked Selanne and wish he'd have came to The D but he just doesn't like the winged wheel. I hated when he and Karyia went to Colorado. I'm so glad they flamed out there.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• With all the talk about the Blackhawks' hot start, they might not even be the top team in their conference when all is said and done.

Comment

• Hey Gonz, I meant to ask you how many Blackhawks fans were at the game. It certainly sounded like a lot. Was good to see the Ducks win though. With all the hoopla surrounding the Blackhawks start, it is good to see a team playing well under the radar.

Here's hoping the Wings pull out a win tonight. I think they need it more than the Ducks do
                      All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Watch the Wings win both games at Anaheim then get waxed by Phoenix.

Because fuck if that isn't what they've done all year.

Comment

• What a weird game.

Wings score 5 and keep the Ducks to only 1?

Even weirder, Abdelkater gets a hat trick?

SMH.

Comment

• Ducks got worked over Gonz!

It was the mighty duck man himself.. I was like "EMILLLLIOOOOO"""
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah that was an awesome game last night and I wouldn't be surprised if we get our asses kicked against phoenix because we have played great against all the best teams (Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver) and terrible against the worst ones (Edmonton, Calgary, etc.).

I was also extremely shocked to read that Larry Murphy got fired by FSD which makes me a little upset because they should have fired the other annoying guys (who work in studio) who don't know anything about hockey, or at least much less than a hall of famer.

Oh and check out the highlights from our top pick in the most recent draft...this is from his teams playoff game against St. John the other night. It just isn't fair becuase his team has Mackinnon and Drouin who are both going to go in the top 3 this year (maybe top 2 depending on which teams finish where):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HGhypNzTgDY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HGhypNzTgDY[/ame]
                              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Murphy got fired?

Why?

Comment

Working...
                                X