Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck the ducks!
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Like it Gonz.

GO LIONS "11" !
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Like it Gonz.

GO LIONS "11" !
        Figured why not jump right back into character.

The very fact that the Ducks are pushing for a playoff spot is amazing considering how I felt about the team at the beginning of the season.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• FUCK YOU!

How do you like that??? :-)

GO LIONS "11" !
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Ahhhh, feels like home again.

Comment

• :-)

GO LIONS "11" !
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• F that stupid Red Wheel thingy!

Go DUCKS!
                octopi thrown

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                  I don't even think there's a home ice advantage; the last Cup the Wings won under Bowman, in the first two games of each series--all at home--they went 4-4. The following two games for each, all on the road, they went 6-2. There is no benefit to jockeying for a higher playoff seed. If you're in, you can win.
                  Actually with the exception of a game 7 I think home ice in the playoffs might be a disadvantage. Hockey players are gladiators that have more chemistry in team play than in most other sports. With the exception of goalies, they are asked to do their job in short spurts and rely on someone else doing their job until they get call upon again. When they are on the road, they tend to circle the wagons, hang with each other and stay focused on the job at hand. When they are home, they disperse and split their focus with the other meaningful people in their lives.

I believe the let's get our job done and get out of here mentality lends a slight advantage over the got to take the wife out to dinner tomorrow on our day off mentality.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Figured why not jump right back into character.

The very fact that the Ducks are pushing for a playoff spot is amazing considering how I felt about the team at the beginning of the season.
                  I too, find it amazing the Ducks even have a chance to end up in the playoffs.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• My personal theory is home advantage is just one of familiarity and comfort, both mental and physical--you're at home, you play with your kids, drive your own car, sleep in your own bed, know your own arena/ballpark, etc. At the highest level of play the players are all very talented, so a little edge like that makes a difference--and when the players are outsized and have to cram themselves into cabs, airplane seats, hotel beds, etc, it can make a lot of difference. Sure enough, the biggest home advantage is in the NBA.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Except in DET the Red Wheel thingy team gets a major home ice advantage with them cheatin style trampoline bumper boards. Its the 6th skater for them. #6 makes some of the best passes each game for them.

Bastages!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Except in DET the Red Wheel thingy team gets a major home ice advantage with them cheatin style trampoline bumper boards. Its the 6th skater for them. #6 makes some of the best passes each game for them.

Bastages!
                        And everywhere else the puck does not bounce off the bumpers as much, leaving the mystified Red Wings standing out there waiting for the puck to ricochet their way while alert opponents swoop by to pick up the puck alongside the boards. So they have a major road disadvantage. Good to have you back, Peter Panoptes.

Comment

And everywhere else the puck does not bounce off the bumpers as much, leaving the mystified Red Wings standing out there waiting for the puck to ricochet their way while alert opponents swoop by to pick up the puck alongside the boards. So they have a major road disadvantage. Good to have you back, Peter Panoptes.
                          Since we were/are talking playoff series home ice advantage, there is clearly a one game juicer in the equation (if necessary).

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Since we were/are talking playoff series home ice advantage, there is clearly a one game juicer in the equation (if necessary).
                            And the Wings can take advantage of it IF they have the home ice advantage. Which they will not have if they play Vancouver, and possibly San Jose. So they will have the disadvantage.

Comment

• I like the Ducks!

covered in orange sauce

Comment

And the Wings can take advantage of it IF they have the home ice advantage. Which they will not have if they play Vancouver, and possibly San Jose. So they will have the disadvantage.
                                That's IF the Red Wheel thingy team gets to the CC series.

For now, they will have home ice for starters. Continued advantage Red Wheel thingy team.
                                Last edited by Panoptes; April 6, 2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X