No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Modano plans to fly from Dallas to Detroit this morning, have lunch with Red Wings general manager Ken Holland and take in a Tigers game. If the Wings have their way, Modano's visit will lead to him signing a contract with them.

Comment

• I am guessing that if the Wings are willing to buy him lunch and take him to a Tigers game, the terms have already been agreed to.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I do however, have a problem with local athletes that are willing to come home and collect money just to extend their career and have little production.

I am not saying that Modano will not be productive, however, I still have a problem with Foote and his happy ass signing that was supposed to be a wonderful thing but had little production, lots of hot tub space and then resigned with his original team (assuming he was rehabbed and will get out of camp).

Comment

• Mixed emotions on this one Modano is a HOF player, a home town guy. But he's 40 years old, do we really need another gray hair on the Wings? Then again he could have a good year, and be a plus in the lockeroom come playoff time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            I do however, have a problem with local athletes that are willing to come home and collect money just to extend their career and have little production.

I am not saying that Modano will not be productive, however, I still have a problem with Foote and his happy ass signing that was supposed to be a wonderful thing but had little production, lots of hot tub space and then resigned with his original team (assuming he was rehabbed and will get out of camp).
            Foote may not have played great; but he did play 14 games last year and nobody forced the Lions to sign him. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you seem to be implying Foote purposely tanked his time with the Lions.
            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
              Foote may not have played great; but he did play 14 games last year and nobody forced the Lions to sign him. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you seem to be implying Foote purposely tanked his time with the Lions.
              Its the Lions they can do no right. He didn't like it because Foote was supposedly a leader (from what I hear it was mostly Rah Rah Rah stuff) but instead he became another statistic and left after a year.

Me personally I think he served a purpose. Without him Levy would have been forced into the MLB spot probably to early (Schwartz and Mayhew said as much) and he did keep a group of young players and scrubs focused and playing. Think of how badly the group would have looked if they just gave up, and how bad that would have been for the development of Delmas and Levy.

The Redwings on the other hand are acting a lot like the Patriots. Get some extra veteran leadership and people who don't make stupid mistakes. By doing so you also get a little extra motivation from them because they think this might be their last opportunity to get a cup.

Comment

• The pre-fluff was bigger than the actual results.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                  The pre-fluff was bigger than the actual results.
                  Agreed he was outplayed by a third round rookie. On the other hand look how this mirrors KVB, both are older players, but one brought in with a 5 year starter contract and one person brought in on a 1 year near vet minimum contract.

Doesn't seem like Management thought of him as a can't miss option that would entrench himself in the starting spot.

Comment

• Agreed. The verdict is still out on KVB.

KVB does however stand a better chance due to the surrounding teammates.
                    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Foote didn't tank it just for a check.

He wanted to play at home (as do many), and he played hard when he was out there. He was by no means terrible. Difference maker? No. But he gave effort and was one of the team's leading tacklers.
                      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• My jaw hit the ground when I saw Probert had passed. That man had such a wicked right and he always made sure no one laid a hand on Stevie Y. He was a total game changer (as in people played scared when he was on the ice)

I'll never forget the tear away jerseys and his almost non existent shoulder pads. The crowd chanting Probie Probie Probie!!! He made really tough guys look like pussies.

RIP Probie.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm in the middle of the road regarding Modano. He's 40 years old! This team desperatly needs youth but do we have any young guys that can run that 3rd line like he could? If he's going to take almost vet minimum to play for the Wings you've gotta think we could energize him for one more year.

Z - Dats - Homer
                          Franzen - Flippula - Hudler
                          Cleary - Modano - Bert
                          Abdlekader - Helm - ??

I'm not sure who'd take that last spot between Miller - Eaves - Draper but we'd look good on paper. Still the biggest key to our F's this season lays in the hands of Hudler IMO. If he can come back and take the next step we'd have a TOUGH second line.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• ?? = Tatar

(Probably a year ahead of things though)

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
                              I believe he played much better in the begining of the season than he did towards the end. It might be due to playing through an injury but Top is partially correct that it disgusted me to hear him tell how happy he was to play in Detroit then bolted when he found out he was not going to get a premium contract.

I know the Lions were not in a hurry to resign him but I do not think he got a much better contract than was being talked about offered by the Lions.

Comment

• When you're a team as poor as the Lions, trying to lowball a player is going to come across as much more of an insult than a team with recent success.

Hometown discounts only go so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X