Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    If the margin of error is not giving up any soft goals at all... then the Wings might as well pack up and go golfing now.

We are talking about a rookie who until this year had never played in the NHL playoffs, much less a Game 7.

Meanwhile, we have a surrounding team of veterans who have been here before, have gone all the way before... a good number of them multiple times.

They have to step up their game, and help this rookie out. For the majority of this series, they have not, and in fact have outright abandoned him.

I can almost guarantee you that Howard is going to give up one goal he normally would have stopped in Game 7. It's going to happen. If that is going to be the game breaker, the Red Wings might as well not make the trip to Phoenix at all.
    Disagree! Howard has let up some soft goals but has also proved that he can stand on his head. He is a rookie and should be allowed a bit of leeway.

I am betting he stands on his head. I am not so sure however, that the Defense will protect him or the snipers will intimidate Bryzgalov.

Originally posted by YT View Post
    The Red Wings are still playing????

I thought they were eliminated last week!
    Go back to sleep. You must be thinking about the Ducks.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• NHL playoffs can be so unpredictable. #1 seed in the East the Caps are having all kinds of trouble with the Habs now. Philly gets in on the last game of the year winning the Shoot Out vs the Rangers then takes out the Devils in 5 games with 2 of their top player out with injury's.

Unless there is some really bad goal-tending, I really can't read into much analyzing at this time of the year, it can be very frustrating that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Bryzgalov.

You must be thinking about the Ducks.
        bastage

;)
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• What do:

A Lions QB, a Red Wings Goaltender, and a President of the United States have in common?

All three take irrational and immense amounts of shit for things they have no control over.

It's like a Red Wings tradition. Blame the goalie for the rest of the team playing like shit.

This is not Howard's problem. He's a fucking rookie. I am ashamed of the rest of the team (who have been here before), playing like a junior squad, especially on defense.

You cannot expect him to carry this team. It's the defense failing him repeatedly that deserves your ire. They are the ones that should carry the burden of success here. They're the ones you should expect at their best.

I expect perfection from them. They are the ones that should have that high standard. They've been here. They've got the hardware. I'm cutting Howard slack because he is completely brand new to this. I expect some mistakes from him. This experienced, championship tested team should be expected to make up for him; not the other way around.

Instead, they have been horrible. And you clueless dumbasses want to blame Howard for that.

I'm going to blame Stuart for making an absolutely dumbass decision that leads to a breakaway turnover a hundred times over Howard for letting in a soft goal.

I expect Stuart to make the right play. I expect Howard to make a misread.

I expect a multiple championship winning defenseman like Rafalski to not make boneheaded decisions on pinching and turnovers in the defensive zone. I expect Lidstrom to lay out his body to break up a 2 on 1 rather than crumple like a cripple who lost his walker and leave any number of passing lanes open. I expect Kronwall to know when its good time to play the body and when to stay at home when the puck bounces into the slot.

I expect all of these things before I expect a rookie netminder to make up for their mistakes and win a game on his own.

The Wings defensemen haven't done that. From those who much is given, much is expected.
          Last edited by chemiclord; April 26, 2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• It's the defense failing him repeatedly that deserves your ire. They are the ones that should carry the burden of success here. They're the ones you should expect at their best.
            They do need to step it up in game 7 or its curtains. Unless Howard really has a terrible, terrible game, I don't think he the next Tim Cheveldae. The fans do like and support him.

Comment

• By the way, good time for 'the mule' to step up heh?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                By the way, good time for 'the mule' to step up heh?
                man you aint kidding.. i've been thinking that the last 2 games..
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Several players could step up. The Mule being at the top ot the list. Cleary needs to get off his ass as well.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Does anybody have an idea if I can get this game streamed? I'm working an overnighter and all I have is this PC in front of me.
                    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Bryzgalov... I mean... the Coyotes weathered the first period (that has generally been where the Wings dominate)...

Will the Wings weather the second period, where Phoenix has generally been in control this series?

Comment

• This is the big one. Wings 12-8 in game 7's, but only 1-3 on the road.

Yotes 0-4 overall, but all on the road.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• If the margin of error is not giving up any soft goals at all... then the Wings might as well pack up and go golfing now.

Shit, well I guess we could be losing at this point. All these chances without capitalizing are making me nervous, total domination - no team can keep this up all game. How many time have we seen this? I don't like it.

Comment

• This is a scary situation. Season could be all over by the end of the night, or they could win, move on and still be a legitimate contender for the cup.

What's it gonna be Wings?
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• YES!! 2!!

Comment

• I'm lovin' it so far.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X