Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes from Period 2:

Much better play, save the horrible defensive lapses. For all the talk about how the Wings need to be more physical, I think that's exactly the wrong thing to do. This is who the Wings are... they play an open skill game. They don't want to slow it down and bump and grind. When they do, that's when they get in trouble. That's how they lose Game 1 and look like trash in the first period of Game 2.

Filpula is best when he is aggressively attacking the net. That's what he needs to do, not try that fancy stick play that gets the puck stolen every single damned time. I counted four times it happened in the 2nd period alone.

The defense really fell asleep for stretches, and that's not healthy for a rookie netminder trying to survive his first NHL playoff experience. He's not going to always make the right choice... Kronwall, Stuart, etc... you have to be there to help him, and you two especially haven't.

Comment

• Wow!! What a second period!!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I agree. We can't pretend to want to go blow for blow...Frustrate them with our skill and dominate the puck with clean passing and chemistry.

Pick our spots to be physical but don't try and set the tone with it

Comment

• Hard to remember the Wings in the playoffs looking like 1980s hockey. most likely be better to slow it down, but that is Phoenix's game more than the Wings.

Comment

• Abdlekader is playing good hockey. I'm so glad he's in.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Big steal and score by Abdelkater!!
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• No more dicking around, Babcock.

Play Abdelkader and keep him on the roster.

Period.

I don't care if Kirk Maltby comes back with a body blessed by God. Good things happen when this guy plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Abdlekader is playing good hockey. I'm so glad he's in.
                  :-D

Comment

• damn it
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That was bad defense by Lidstrom of all people.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Yeah that was deflating...

Comment

• And, astonishingly, it's Rafalski and Lidstrom that leaves Howard hanging.

Terrible defense. Hideous. Awful. Embarrassing, even.

Rafalski had no business trying to press. What the hell was he thinking?

And Lidstrom, if you're going to play that position to deny the pass, you don't half-assed crouch and let the puck slide under you.

That was the most pathetic display I've seen from the top two defensemen. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Howard has four goals against, and I can't think of a single one that I can really blame him for. Maybe the second one, but you have to expect Kronwall to have his rookie netminder's back.

Comment

• what.. pp.. lame
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              That was bad defense by Lidstrom of all people.
                              How'd it get by him I wondered in realtime...A fraction slow he was

Comment

• nice kill... made it look ez

Comment

Working...
                                X