Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a much needed shootout win!!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wow these guys are really having to work hard this year to get a W.

Ozzies lash out after his last start was a bit disappointing. I would have hoped he could have taken the high road even though he was set up to fail.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If Ozzie didn't come down with the flu earlier this season, Howard may never have gotten enough consecutive starts to get on a roll. he is a hugh bright spot to the season. I was worried about our Goalie situation going forward, but I think Howard is the real deal.

Comment

• Ozzie lashed out? I missed that, what happened?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
            Howard is the real deal.
            I'm not sure what I think of Howie yet. I go back and forth on him but I will say that he has the head for it.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Ozzie lashed out? I missed that, what happened?
              Quotes missing in the following article also include: "I won a Stanley Cup with this team, you can print that. I also took them to the Finals last year, you can print that too."

OZZIE MISSES A CHANCE

Goalie laments monthlong layoff

By HELENE ST. JAMES

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

WASHINGTON ? Chris Osgood didn?t play well enough in his first start in 13 games to earn a second straight start.

Following the Red Wings? 3-2 loss to the Capitals on Tuesday night at Verizon Center, coach Mike Babcock said Jimmy Howard, who had started 12 straight games, will start Thursday at Minnesota.

Osgood did well enough through two periods, but Nicklas Backstrom used a power play to tie the game, and David Steckel took ad*vantage of a funny bounce to deflect Alexander Semin?s shot 46 seconds later.

?It?s tough when you ha*ven?t played for a month,? Osgood said after facing 23 shots in his first start since Dec. 20. ?I think if I?m playing a bit more ? they were good goals, but I still feel like I can stop them if I?m in more of a groove. It?s just tough, espe*cially against this team, who doesn?t shoot a lot but waits for their best chances.?

Told Babcock had made a comment about the impor*tance of getting points, Os*good said, ?I?ve gotten him a lot of points. I helped him to the finals twice and know how to win.?

Osgood is 7-7-4 this season, with an .896 save percentage and 2.83 goals-against aver*age. Howard is 17-10-4 with a .928 save percentage and 2.18 goals-against average. Asked Tuesday morning who his starter would be in the play*offs, Babcock said he didn?t have to decide that now.

Asked after the game about Osgood?s performance, Babcock said, ?I just think that it was an opportunity for him tonight. I thought we gave him real good support. Howie is going to start in Minny.?

Tuesday was only Osgood?s 20th game of the season. The Wings don?t rely on their No. 1 goalie the way San Jose or New Jersey does, but sitting out a month is unusual. ?To me, that?s not a good way of doing things, to let one guy get stagnant,? Osgood said. ?You have to have both guys going.? Osgood has been outstand*ing the past two playoff runs, and teammates know few recover from a bad game faster than Osgood.

?It doesn?t seem to affect him, if he lets in a bad goal or isn?t playing as well as he wants to ? he seems to be able to shake it off and bounce back,? Nicklas Lidstrom said.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Osgood is basically pissed that Howard is outplaying him, and is seeing the writing on the wall.

He thinks the Red Wings are stabbing him in the back (again), even though every time this has happened, it's because Ozzie lost his focus (again), played poorly (again), and is looking for someone else to blame (again).

First it was Vernon, then it was Hasek, now it's Howard. Same ol' song and dance.

Stop going to shit at critical moments and maybe the Red Wings will stop looking at other options, Chris.

Comment

• IMO I don't think we have a legit shot at the cup this year. Chicago and SJ are FAR better. If we were still the powerhouse we've been, Osgood would be a shoe in to start in goal.

Since we're not and Howard is playing really good hockey they're grooming him for some action for next year when we'll have a little bit more money to spend to upgrade this team.

That way he gets playoff experience and we can make a run next season. Not that this team is giving in or won't go all out I just think they see this as a good time make a transition.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• man I wish we still had Hossa... he and Pavs made a great line.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think once they're all healthy, they're a legit contender.

Comment

• Last night they mentioned that forum favorite Lilja may come back as early as next week. He was actually starting to look fairly good last year before getting his face pounded.

Comment

• Agree with that. He had a different look just before he got stupid and try his hand at a hockey fight.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• They should have sent him to Dr. House.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The only issue with Lilja coming back is he's going to put us over the cap.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Probably will have to look at trading 2 out of Leino, Lebda, and Meech.

Comment

Working...
                                X