No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, here's to the bounce changing in the last 10:25.

Everybody drink!
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• SCORE

Finally!!!!!
      ------------

Comment

• Question is, it is too little, too late?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Question is, it is too little, too late?
          Could you have a possitive thought for once in your life?
          ------------

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh, just read the thread. I see it's too late..
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                Could you have a possitive thought for once in your life?
                Apparently not.

Then again, being down a goal with a team that has never come back from a two-goal deficit these playoffs that has played like warmed over shit for half the game wouldn't lend itself to a feeling of warm fuzzies.

Comment

• Game over.

Congratulations to the Penguins, you guys earned it.

Now just stay classy, Detroit. Don't be sore losers... please.

Comment

• Hats off to the Penguins.....They won 4 of the last 5 and made the plays when they needed them....The second goal jsut killed the Wings....To give up a shorthanded goal in that situation was a bad deal.....It will be interesting to see what happens with some of the Wings players like Hossa, Draper, Maltby and others....... I think after his poor performance in the finals that they wont resign Hossa.....he'll probably go back to Pittsburgh lol.......

Comment

• They'll resign Hossa I think.

Samuellson played his way off the team however, he always seemed a half of step slow in every way. Abdelkader would have been a better choice, honestly.

In honesty, I think that was what did in the Wings... they had young players that were producing, or at least putting out effort like Leino and Abdelkader, and Babcock went with the likes of Draper and Maltby, both of which, in my mind, really showed their age. They were non-factors all series. The Wings went with veteran leadership (which isn't a bad call, mind you), but I do think Detroit would have been better served by playing the guys that really had been grinding it out.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; June 12, 2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Everyone around here wanted Pittsburgh. I was kind of afraid that after that 5-0 game everyone thought the Wings were a shoe-in. The Pens played well, but the Wings looked out of sorts, too. They just played dumb at times. Lots of giveaways, bad pinches. They paid for their mistakes.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• There was just a lack of production up and down the line in the finals...

Who stepped up for the wings in the finals?
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Is bettman a midget, or is Malkin a giant?
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The only guys who I thought really played hard were Cleary and Helm. Zetterberg looked a bit tired, and Datsyuk was never in top form. But Holmstrom, Hudler, Samuelsson, and Hossa should have their mugs on milk cartons. Kronwall, Stuart, Rafalski, and Lebda all took turns making big turnovers. They were only one game short, but there were some passengers on board the train.

Comment

• I turned off the tube as soon as the clock hit 0:00. I imagine that handshake line was really hard for Hossa? I swear he played like he was apologizing to the Penguins for leaving them.

Comment

Working...
                                X