No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm more apt to believe that NBC didn't want to mess up their weekday primetime lineup. They strong-armed the NHL into the compressed schedule irrespective of the two teams that climbed to the peak.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• aren't most of their shows airing reruns? (hey hey hey rog) also most, if not all, of the weekday games were on versus.
      "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• 15 down, 1 to go.

The bad thing is that once again, it likely will be won on away ice. Wings fans deserve to witness the raising of the cup. I would not however, suggest that they tank next game to bring it back to the Joe.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• after they won the cup in '02 they had a little event here that allowed you to go get your picture taken with the cup. i have to find mine somewhere, it was quite an experience to see the cup up close AND! be able to touch it. they didn't allow you to hoist it, out of respect to the guys who played their entire career without getting to do so

Comment

• I don't know what to say, except that I'm semi-shocked. I read both teams wrong. At least the Wings don't resort to gooning it up when they fall behind. Datsyuk didn't look 100 percent, but he certainly made a difference. Pittsburgh came out flying, had a bad pp, gave up a couple of goals, and then went into Ducks mode. Malkin looked immature. Kunitz and Talbot looked like a_holes. Bettman sure had a sour look on his puss, didn't he? I'm sure he was boiling during the "Crosby Sucks" chant. Finally get some rest.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I didn't even think of Bettman during the chant, but yeah you're right, he couldn't have been too enthused about it.

I think it was well deserved after Crosby administered that nasty slash to Z-man.
              ------------

Comment

• Rocky, who is the woman in your avatar? What abs!!!!
                ------------

Comment

• Kelly Monaco

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
                    aren't most of their shows airing reruns? (hey hey hey rog) also most, if not all, of the weekday games were on versus.
                    The reasoning behind Games 1 and 2 being bunched together is that NBC didn't want Conan O'Brien's debut week as the host of the Tonight Show pushed back by a possible overtime game.

All I gotta say is, Damn we sure missed Pavel didn't we?
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Pittsburgh forward Maxime Talbot said he wasn't deliberately targeting Pavel Datsyuk's injured foot when he slashed the Detroit Red Wings forward in the skate during the Penguins' second-period meltdown Saturday.
                      "He can say whatever he wants,'' Talbot said. "I went for the puck and his foot was there.''

What a load of crap. The replay doesn't lie. Kunitz puts a leg lock on Lidstrom. Dupuis goes for Kronwall's head. Crosby slashes Zetterberg. This is the team Bettman wants to promote? The Penguin looked like they were channeling Bobby Clarke, Moose Dupont and Ed Van Impe.

Comment

• I missed the game as I was at Cedar point with son #1 and his classmates. I did see the highlites however and Talbot is a fucking liar. What a bunch of goons.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          The reasoning behind Games 1 and 2 being bunched together is that NBC didn't want Conan O'Brien's debut week as the host of the Tonight Show pushed back by a possible overtime game.

All I gotta say is, Damn we sure missed Pavel didn't we?
                          yeah after my post i looked up nbc's prime time lineup...we certainly couldn't push that back or "I'm a celebrity; get me out of here"

that's exactly what we need...another fucking "reality" show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            I missed the game as I was at Cedar point with son #1 and his classmates. I did see the highlites however and Talbot is a fucking liar. What a bunch of goons.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            Well I am sure you had an outing that will live forever in the memories of your son and yourself.

Let me give you the skinny.

Wings looked like the Wings. Passes were crisp. They were attacking the pucks in the corners and did a great job in neutralizing the Pens premier line. The goon effect came from frustration that they were out hustled, out played and out scored by a team they they thought was too old and banged up. Dats back in the lineup gave Babs an extra weapon on both the PP and PK as well as creating a mismatched line that the Pens had a hard time controlling. Dats was put back with Zet and they looked like they have not skipped a beat.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thanks Mark.

Ya, Zach and I had a great time.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Marko,

Weren't you a little surprised at how quickly the Penguins quit? They carried the play for the first ten minutes of the game, and it didn't take much adversity for them to start going Anaheim on the guys in red. The Wings lost their poise in game 4 after Staal's shorty and then the Crosby goal, but Pittburgh knows they must win one game at Joe Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X