No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doubt about that Gonz but the league will try to even things out in their interest. Wings will still win however.

GO LIONS "09' !!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Zetterberg was in the middle of the scrum, the instigator rule shouldn't have been applied.

Comment

• I don't doubt the outcome.

I knew we watched the STANLEY CUP finals when it was ANA v DET.

It was by far the best series of this years SC run.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I thought DRW v. CBJ was a great series to watch as well.

Comment

• The rescinding of the instigator rule is carried to it's logical conclusion:

In a wild turn of events, Commissioner Gary Bettman has rescinded last year's Stanley Cup victory by the Detroit Red Wings and given it to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
            According to the commish's office, "None of the criteria for a victory applied in this situation," NHL director of hockey operations Colin Campbell said in a statement issued by the league about one year after the Game 6 victory in Pittsburgh. "Victories are applied under this rule when a team attempts to win a game but is not necessarily skilled enough to do so. A victory could also be applied when a commissioner seeks to make sure he doesn't run his sport straight into the ground by not having enough whiny bitches' names on Lord Stanley's Cup. Such was the case here and therefore the series win is rescinded and the Cup is granted to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Sidney Crosby will receive the Cup in Pittsburth prior to Tuesday's Game 3, which has also already been won by Pittsburgh."

* Stolen from a poster on another site.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Red Wings' Mikael Samuelsson game-time decision; Pavel Datsyuk possible for Game 4

by Ansar Khan Tuesday June 02, 2009, 11:59 AM

PITTSBURGH -- Update from Tuesday's morning skate:
              Mikael Samuelsson did not practice due to an undisclosed injury. Kris Draper took Samuelsson's spot on the line with Darren Helm and Dan Cleary. Coach Mike Babcock said Samuelsson's status will be determined at game time. If he can't play, Draper will replace him. Otherwise, Draper is out.
              Pavel Datsyuk didn't practice with the team but skated briefly on his own afterward. He didn't seem to be moving well, but Babcock said Datsyuk actually made significant progress overnight and might be ready to play in Game 4.

Comment

• So my basic understanding of that is that Draper is the first alternate. I mean if he's healthy enough to play for Samuelsson wouldn't he be healthy to take his spot and put Leino or Abdelkader on the bench? Not that I would put them on the bench, I like the jump and energy they give the team. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right?
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• You might need the faceoff skills on the road that Draper provides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                    So my basic understanding of that is that Draper is the first alternate. I mean if he's healthy enough to play for Samuelsson wouldn't he be healthy to take his spot and put Leino or Abdelkader on the bench? Not that I would put them on the bench, I like the jump and energy they give the team. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right?
                    Right.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If you have access to a copy of today's Wall Street Journal, they have an article on the speed of Darren Helm. Back of Section B.

Comment

• Two things I'd like to see change beginning tonight:

1. Ozzie stops handling the puck and giving it to the Penguins.

2. The Wings' initial face-off man is not waved out of the circle. Drop the puck!

Comment

• friggin refs -- its like playin with a dog and never throwin the stick... drop it already
                          If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            Two things I'd like to see change beginning tonight:

1. Ozzie stops handling the puck and giving it to the Penguins.

2. The Wings' initial face-off man is not waved out of the circle. Drop the puck!
                            You can forget #2.

Don't blame Ozzie. He has been clearly the best Goaltender in this playoff series.

Blame the Defense for allowing a Penguin for being into the position to get a rebound.....

Comment

• Clearly no good goaltender, like Fleury for example, would give up a soft goal by abdelkader!

forgive my ignorance, but why are players waved out of the faceoff circle?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Clearly no good goaltender, like Fleury for example, would give up a soft goal by abdelkader!

forgive my ignorance, but why are players waved out of the faceoff circle?
                                Good question.

The Visiting team must put their stick on the ice first. The Home team must put their stick down before the puck is dropped. The Home team usually likes to push the envelope and make a move to the ice when the Linesman make the move to drop the puck.

If the Linesman thinks the stick was not on the ice when he dropped it, he will wave off the Center.

Note.....the Officials have favorites and they have little tolerance for those who bring their sticks up into their faces on the face off. (Which is usually because the first stick on the ice will usually raise the last stick to win a face off.)

They are coached at a young age to be strong on the stick so that will not happen but at the Pro level.......well, they are Pros.

Comment

Working...
                                X