Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Here is the vicious Hossa slash that led to an unfair Dee-TROY-it goal.
    I noticed that on the ESPN replay today too. Not knowing how easy it is to break a stick, I guessed that maybe Hossa got a little slash in a couple seconds earlier that may have weakened the stick.
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Too early for that talk.
      How can it be to early? The series is already half over.

......oh, I know it has the potential to go to 7 which means it is not quite half over yet but why is it to early to talk about the best player on the ice for the two games that are in the books and puts a team in a good position to win?

You can yank the consideration from him if he does not follow through with the rest of the series but, why is it too early to talk about the player that is most deserving at this point?

OK.......I am guessing it is like when the Wings won the Campbell trophy. They did not want to touch it as they have not earned anything yet........sounds like the Lions could use a lesson here and not think that because they won 6 out of 8 games to begin a season, they were a good team. They surely proved that you have to play the whole game, every game and quit living on what happened yesterday......

.......I understand, now.....
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        I continue to believe he has a broken bone in his foot. If he does come back, I hope he doesn't come back on Tuesday. Penguins are guaranteed to win Game 3. Though he may need a game to get back into shape.

Wings aren't the Capitals, but let's not forget that Wasington was up 2-0 on Pittsburgh, too.
        I am not forgetting anything. The Caps are not the Wings.

Originally posted by mason reese View Post
        I noticed that on the ESPN replay today too. Not knowing how easy it is to break a stick, I guessed that maybe Hossa got a little slash in a couple seconds earlier that may have weakened the stick.
        The new composit sticks are expensive and break quickly and often. Players like them because they are light and give good control. Unfortunately, there is no control if the shaft is broken which they are prone to do.

The stick makers love the fact the players love them and they break so easily.
        Last edited by Malto Marko; June 1, 2009, 05:24 PM.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I have a feeling we're in trouble tonight. Cindy has her game face on.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "I am curious how the officiating will be called on Tuesday."
            -----------------------I am guessing there will be plenty called, many against the Wings, as the league tries to ensure an extension of the series.

"How can it be to early? The series is already half over."
            ----------------------It's not to early and right now Osgood is the frontrunner.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Sydney's facial hair is ridiculous...
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                How can it be to early? The series is already half over.

......oh, I know it has the potential to go to 7 which means it is not quite half over yet but why is it to early to talk about the best player on the ice for the two games that are in the books and puts a team in a good position to win?

You can yank the consideration from him if he does not follow through with the rest of the series but, why is it too early to talk about the player that is most deserving at this point?

OK.......I am guessing it is like when the Wings won the Campbell trophy. They did not want to touch it as they have not earned anything yet........sounds like the Lions could use a lesson here and not think that because they won 6 out of 8 games to begin a season, they were a good team. They surely proved that you have to play the whole game, every game and quit living on what happened yesterday......

.......I understand, now.....

I took you awhile to figure it out.

Comment

I took you awhile to figure it out.
                  hell, I can't even figure that out..........
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the suspension wouldn't have been rescinded if a player was crippled.
                    Unfortunate that is what has to happen for the league to stand up and acknowledge their own rules, isn't it? No harm, no foul - even when the rules say there is.

They don't like the rule the just get rid of it altogether, it's really pretty simple. The problem is the rule is supposed to serve as a deterrent to the very behavior that the Commish just overturned the suspension on, meaningless goonism in the dying seconds of a game that has been long been decided.

When it's that blatantly obvious and they overturn it, then just get rid of the rule and go back to the 70's way of playing hockey and let them goon it up.

Comment

• The 5 minute instigator rule is specifically to prevent the insertion of goons at the end of the game to instigate a fight. Its pretty clear that this isn't the issue.

Comment

• Any player on the ice can perform a goonish act, and anyone who does should fall under the same rules, especially with :16 seconds left in a 2 goal game - star player or 4th liner.

At that stage the players should be getting ready to head to the dressing room, not dropping their gloves, the game for all intents and purposes is over and even the refs understand that. The Commish is trying desperately to keep the star player on the Pens playing to keep is a series, but in reality NBC gives a flying fuck because Conan's debut trumped the Stanley Cup. If that isn't the biggest slap in the face to any credibility the NHL is striving to gain I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter though, the Wings are gonna outhit (and outscore) the Pens in this series whether they like it or not and there is nothing they can do about that save getting early Christmas gifts by the dozens from the refs sending a steady procession of Wings to the penalty box.

Comment

• and the Ducks will take on an all star team of Pens and Wings for the UFC Belt.......
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• "It doesn't matter though, the Wings are gonna outhit (and outscore) the Pens in this series whether they like it or not and there is nothing they can do about that save getting early Christmas gifts by the dozens from the refs sending a steady procession of Wings to the penalty box."
                            ----------------------I fully expect the "Christmas gifts" to be handed out tonight as the league tries to ensure the extension of the series.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• BTW, 12:30 or 11:30 it doesn't matter. Conan is not funny.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You folks have severe OCD regarding officiating.

The LAL are headed to the NBA Finals and up until this comment, I have yet to get into a discussion with any of the fans I know about any officiating issues.

The players will work it out themselves on the scoreboard in both sports.

The PENS suck in comparison to this years WINGS. Get over it already and enjoy the journey.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X