X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow! What is going on?

Red Wings' Jonathan Ericsson out tonight after undergoing appendectomy

by Ansar Khan Wednesday May 27, 2009, 7:20 PM

The Wings just announced that defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is out for tonight's game after undergoing an appendectomy this afternoon.
    Following the morning skate, Ericsson complained of abdominal pain and was taken to the Detroit Medical Center for testing. He was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and underwent successful surgery. The club said he is expected to return for the next game.
    Defenseman Andreas Lilja missed two games in October after having an appendectomy.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Wings getting sloppy... I'm seeing their 14th straight game with a PP goal right here.

Comment

• Darren Helm just did his Zetterburg impression. That was amazing.

Comment

• What a great shift by Helm.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Give Chicago credit... unlike Carolina, they haven't just rolled over and quit.

Comment

• Okay... even the greatest Osgood apologists will have to admit that was pretty damn soft.

Incredible all game... but that one moment where he just... I dunno what happened. He just misread it.

Comment

• Overtime again.

I can't like the Wings chances here. They've been running effectively four defensemen all game. They're already showing fatigue.

Comment

• Hossa and Helm were pretty impressive tonight. Zetterberg seems non-existent on offense.

That save by Huet on Franzen at the end of the game was amazing.

Comment

• Chemi-
                    If you care that people think you are a negative ass whenever you talk about the teams you are a fan of, you can change that with more posts like this...

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Darren Helm just did his Zetterburg impression. That was amazing.
                    and less posts like these...

Wings getting sloppy... I'm seeing their 14th straight game with a PP goal right here.
                    Okay... even the greatest Osgood apologists will have to admit that was pretty damn soft.

Incredible all game... but that one moment where he just... I dunno what happened. He just misread it.
                    Overtime again.

I can't like the Wings chances here. They've been running effectively four defensemen all game. They're already showing fatigue.

Comment

• I'd more put that in the realm of "lucky" than "amazing". That's a "stick something up in the air and hope to God the shooter hits it" type of save.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Chemi-
                        If you care that people think you are a negative ass whenever you talk about the teams you are a fan of, you can change that with more posts like this...

and less posts like these...
                        Whelp, since I don't care if people think I'm a negative ass, I guess that's not a problem.

I'll point out what I see, for good or for ill. If people want to think that makes me "negative", so be it.

Comment

• Why don't you go point it out somewhere else rather than wreck another game thread?
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• People think that makes you negative because you "see" fives times as many negative things as positive.

Even when your team is up 3-1 in the conference finals after winning the stanley cup last year.

And like I said, if you don't care, no sweat for me...

Comment

• And that shows what I know about fatigue. Easy way to help tired defensemen, I suppose... just completely control the play in the Chicago zone, huh?

Comment

• Thank God Ozzie didn't get a chance to let in another soft goal...
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X