Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Can you own another major pro sports team and own an NFL team? I thought there was a rule in the NFL preventing that. Althought I'm not sure how that would hold up in court even if there was one.

A gambling tie rule may also not actually hold up in court. In baseball those kind of rules are more likely to hold up due to anti-trust exempions but the NFL doesn't have the same type of exemption.

The NFL does have a rule against that.......but they can vote to over-rule it at any point.

Comment

• If you cheat on your taxes, the IRS can hold your wife responsible. So yes, legally someone can be held resposible for something a spouse does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Bernie Madoffs wife is asking the same question.
        A probe is different then being indited. Plus she has a lot of good purchased with ill gotten gains even if she didn't know about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
          If you cheat on your taxes, the IRS can hold your wife responsible. So yes, legally someone can be held resposible for something a spouse does.
          Not if they don't file together. But in terms of money owed specially to the Government your great great grandson could have to pay your taxes if they thought they could get them.

Comment

• Man did this thread really come off track. Back to your regular scheduled program.

Soooooo.. Maltby will be back in the lineup. I think thats a good move. We need a pest to get under the young bucks skin
            Last edited by jaadam4; May 21, 2009, 01:19 PM.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Can you own another major pro sports team and own an NFL team? I thought there was a rule in the NFL preventing that. Althought I'm not sure how that would hold up in court even if there was one.

A gambling tie rule may also not actually hold up in court. In baseball those kind of rules are more likely to hold up due to anti-trust exempions but the NFL doesn't have the same type of exemption.
              Apparently Arthur Blank wanted to pick up the Braves. I think the NFL rules are in regards to a competing league, like Arena Football or IAFA, or the new ones like AAFL and USFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Man did this thread really come off track. Back to your regular scheduled program.

Soooooo.. Maltby will be back in the lineup. I think thats a good move. We need a pest to get under the young bucks skin
                Who's place is he taking? I'm assuming Abdelkader's?
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Datsyuk missed practice today. Wouldn't want to have him out.

Comment

• he's either got a foot, a shoulder, or lukemia..... hard to tell from the injury report.
                    The only logical explanation is:
                    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Listed as a foot injury. In the playoffs, that means he has a 12 inch bruise on his arm.

Comment

• I think this one is legit, he was hobbling on the foot after the game and Babcock went into specifics on the injury. The opposing team can't really target this injury.

Comment

• Maybe its Leino time.

Comment

• He practiced today and it sounded like he might get the call on Inside Hockeytown, but I'm not sure Babcock would be comfortable with a greenhorn in such an important game.

I think Datsyuk will play.

Comment

• Wooooo.. Dats need to sit. We need him healthy for more then just Game 3. Take no chances Babs.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• According to Roenick, the reason Chelios is not playing is that Babcock does not like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X