Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
    ROCKY B,

Funny you see it that way (WINGS could have been up 3-0 in the series) , as I could easily have seen ANA up 3-0 going into last night.

Two posts and a puck just lying behind OSGOOD in regulation of game 1 could have turned things as well.

Bounces, bounces, bounces
    The Wings could have swept last night, but for a few bounces. Except for last night's game, they've all been won by a single goal. The Ducks could be up 3-1.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "If it was Chris Pronger, I think all you media guys would be making a big deal about how dirty the Anaheim Ducks are. But it’s the Detroit Red Wings, [so] I guess it’s all OK." -James Wisniewski

James, it's not just the media calling Chris Pronger the dirtiest player, it's 13% of the 324 NHL players that were surveyed....

Comment

• Rocky, thats true - but the Wings are outplaying the Ducks in nearly every facet of the game. Unless the Ducks reverse that trend this series won't go past 6.

Every game I've watched the Wings have been the aggressor - they are beating the Ducks at their own game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          Still, guys skate off on their own power taking elbows to the jaw, fists to the face, crosschecks faceplanting them into the boards, etc.

There was something else wrong with the guy unrelated to the check that necessitated the "ambulance".
          I HAVE NEVER SAID THE AMBULANCE WAS FOR THE ELBOW.

He's in the hospital because of the lung bruise. No one debated that.

To ignore how he got a bloodied mouth is nothing more than homerism.

Had a call been made, it would have been a 4 on 4 situation, not a 5-4 PP as it turned out.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            Rocky, thats true - but the Wings are outplaying the Ducks in nearly every facet of the game. Unless the Ducks reverse that trend this series won't go past 6.

Every game I've watched the Wings have been the aggressor - they are beating the Ducks at their own game.
            LOFL

The DUCKS look like that all the time.

Odd how they win playoff series that way though.

Ask SJ and prior DET teams how they appeared to be winning the war yet still lost to ANA.

Comment

• Both teams have been aggresive and dominated play at different times. It's a very tough series, and the winner will have been bloodied.

Comment

• Gonz, my browser didn't refresh so I wasn't for sure if that was the play you were referring to...I made a post....then you confirmed that that was the play....and I edited my post.

But to get back on track here, and in your words:

YOU'RE F'N HIGH!

From yesterday's news: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=421891 James is whining his ass off (by the way, he was bleeding before he got inadvertantly elbowed by Holmer).

Comment

• Thank you for posting the WIES statement.

I had not heard/read that he commented about the situation.

He's not wrong though.

I pointed out in this thread that the WINGS have some little tricks on their team that play dirty when no one is looking.

The elbow to the face being the biggest of them to date.

I'm not crying though.

Its 2-2 now and I am enjoying it all.

The best team will win and I have no doubt about that.

Comment

• Thats just Wisniewski trying to light a fire in the locker room - the reality is if he's defenseless he needs to get his ass off the ice - otherwise he's fair game like everybody else.

Comment

• High flying elbows with intentions to hurt are part of it now?

Cool......don't go bitching about any ANA hit that has a much bigger defender hitting one of your guys in the head just because they were taller than them and that's where they got hit (in the head).
                      Last edited by Panoptes; May 8, 2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Oh, jeez. Give it a rest. The kid was in a ton of pain and could barely breathe. He tried to do what he could until the play was over. Then he gets knocked in the chops - inadvertantly or not. He's a hockey player, and a hell of a lot tougher than most people.
                        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 8, 2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• If Holmstrom impeded him from getting to the bench when he hit him - yeah, it's a cheap shot. He tried to play tough guy though and play through it - no reason to treat him special in that case.

You play in between the circles in front of the crease - it's a war zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                            Thank you for posting the WIES statement.

I had not heard/read that he commented about the situation.

He's not wrong though.

I pointed out in this thread that the WINGS have some little tricks on their team that play dirty when no one is looking.

The elbow to the face being the biggest of them to date.

I'm not crying though.

Its 2-2 now and I am enjoying it all.

The best team will win and I have no doubt about that.
                            I'm enjoying it as well, that Columbus series was entertaining in a way but THIS is what hockey's all about.

Comment

• I wish this was a round 3 matchup. Ducks are playing very good hockey and could win the Cup if they get past the Wings. Whoever wins this series is going to be very worn down though. The other series are a lovefest in comparison.

Comment

• I get a kick out of the goon label applied to Holmstrom. The elbow was intentional and probably should have deserved a penalty, but on the whole Holmstrom takes a lot more than he dishes out. They are whacking the crap out of him in front of the net and complain when they get it back in return. You can call a roughing penalty all the time on what gets delivered to Holmstrom, i don't hear him crying to the press like Wisnewski.

Comment

Working...
                                X