No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't really discussing it. Deacon said the Sharks were soft, and you came back with how the Wings were no tough guys. I think that it's more mental with the Sharks than physical. As for the Wings, they're not as physical as the Ducks, but they do hit. Don't buy into that Don Cherry b.s. about the Wings.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The Sharks are like the Wings of the early 90's, they need to get a little better defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        I wasn't really discussing it. Deacon said the Sharks were soft, and you came back with how the Wings were no tough guys. I think that it's more mental with the Sharks than physical. As for the Wings, they're not as physical as the Ducks, but they do hit. Don't buy into that Don Cherry b.s. about the Wings.
        Don't worry....from where I watch and listen to the games, I get ZERO input from DC. My assessment of how the WINGS play is just that, my assessment.

I like it that way.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• This is going to be a great series. It should go at least 6. Gonz is correct that these are not the Ducks we saw earlier in the year, but these aren't the Wings that the Ducks saw either. Wings have picked it up a notch for the playoffs and I think they still can pick it up further. Stops the Ducks main line and we win the series.

Comment

• I think the key is getting to Hiller early in this series. They need to rattle the guy's confidence, because if he starts standing on his head, I don't see Osgood being able to match it... at least not consistently.

Comment

• JSG waits in the wings (lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                This is going to be a great series. It should go at least 6. Gonz is correct that these are not the Ducks we saw earlier in the year, but these aren't the Wings that the Ducks saw either. Wings have picked it up a notch for the playoffs and I think they still can pick it up further. Stops the Ducks main line and we win the series.

Disagree with the bolded part.

SELANNE isnt even on the first line anymore.

The DUCKS have more than just RYAN, GETZLAF and PERRY.

I'm hoping with EBBETT going home (MI) for this series will inspire him into some added O that the Ducks will more than certainly need as a bonus.
                Last edited by Panoptes; May 1, 2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                  JSG waits in the wings (lol)
                  While that may be, I can't imagine Hiller being on such a short hook that by the time Giguire is put in that it would make that much of a difference. On top of that, you have to wonder if he could come in cold and play lights out.

Sorry, Gonz, but I think it's pretty much Hiller or bust for the Ducks at this point.

Comment

• The DUCKS D is what makes both of their goalies so effective in the playoffs.

I have no problem with JSG coming in to find out if he can help.

He's healthy and GD it, he's JSG. Playoff superhuman (for the most part).

Comment

• I'm heading out of work early today.

I'll try to log on during the game tonight (3 hrs from now) if I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                        (EDIT TO READ: DANO's neighbor),

I don't know what ur thinking but don't let that little #8 next to the ANA name fool you.

This DUCKS playoff roster is not the same one you may feel comfident in easily beating because of what happened during the regular season.

Your WINGS have not played this healthy DUCKS team since it was retooled at the trade deadline, finished the season as the hottest team in the NHL and just defeated a very talented SJ team.

Add to this, these are the last two SC winners and the two NHL teams with the most playoff games played/experience, means neither team is going to roll the other.

I look forward to another great chapter in the ANA v DET annals.
                        Yep. The Ducks beat the top seed in the playoffs. I am guessing that playoff experience with coaching made the difference.....

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        The Sharks are soft mentally. The Wings are not.
                        Not so sure this is an accurate statement. However, Wings are playoff tested, Ducks are goons......

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                        JSG waits in the wings (lol)
                        Bring him on to show he was a one time wonder....

The DUCKS D is what makes both of their goalies so effective in the playoffs.

I have no problem with JSG coming in to find out if he can help.

He's healthy and GD it, he's JSG. Playoff superhuman (for the most part).
                        ...and the Wings D is just bunch of pond hockey guys....

I am guessing if the Wings are swarming, it does not matter who is is goal.....

I'm heading out of work early today.

I'll try to log on during the game tonight (3 hrs from now) if I can.
                        Cheater! Going home to watch a hockey game?

I will buy you another sandwich you can not finish if you are in my hood just because I am totally impressed that the sport that is the least followed by those that follow sports has been embraced by you.

Winning does seem to make people turn their heads, doesn't it?

Let's not get into a debate on why we still follow the most losing Franchise in a major sport.......
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Osgood looking like shit early.

This could be a LONG night.

Ya know... I just don't get the guy. There's like no middle ground. He's either awesome, or putrid. When he's on, you can understand why he's got the wins he has and the rings he has and you think, "Why isn't this guy in any serious HoF discussion?"

Then the next night, he's given up four soft goals on 13 shots and you wonder who this guy in the Osgood jersey is.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; May 1, 2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Hudler answers the 2nd period bell.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• wings lighting up the ducks early.
                              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• 2-2 into the third.
                                AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

Working...