Goff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goff

I was a Goff detractor, but I gotta say he's drastically .... let's see... what's the right word... MATURED. We may have the best QB or at worst #2 in the league, behind you-know-who.
    Apathetic No More.

Lamar?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I pulled up the Saints Rams playoff game and watched it about an hour age after watching Campbell do an interview on Rich Eisen show.
      Campbell said Goff was everything he wanted in. QB after facing’s him in that playoff game

Comment

Goff is playing at a high level. I was a little concerned after the first few games.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Any pro QB can pick you apart with throwing time.
          The OL is elite. It is a perfect marriage. Add the mad scientist Ben Johnson who is the best OC in the NFL and you have Goff as the MVP if this continues.

Comment

The key for Goff, especially in Sunday's game is the pre-snap adjustments. Goff has crossed the threshold where he has seen everything a defense can throw at a quarterback. The public got anchored to a poor opinion about him from a bad super bowl performance against Flores. He wasn't ready at that time for all the exotic blitzes and disguised coverages, he is now.

Stafford went through the same progression. Most quality quarterbacks do, but it takes lots of reps and games

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Goff is playing at a high level. I was a little concerned after the first few games.
              The offense as a whole looked out of sync for the first few games. I attribute that to not playing any preseason football, took just a bit to get sea legs under them.
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                The OL is elite. It is a perfect marriage. Add the mad scientist Ben Johnson who is the best OC in the NFL and you have Goff as the MVP if this continues.
                Yeah we arent sure what will happen if Ben Johnson leaves for a head coaching job, or if the OL suffers a couple of key injuries or isnt the same caliber in the future....That's generally why guys like Mahomes and Lamar are more highly regarded...They can win with less....I saw him his last season in LA....Late in the season he smashed his thumb on an opponents helmet...it looked like he could barely hold the ball, nore or less throw it.....McVay threw him under the bus shortly after, blaming him for everything wrong in LA and well the rest is history.

Comment

Mahomes has Andy Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                    I would quibble with that statement. Analytics show that Goff is better at picking you apart than any other NFL QB. Truly elite.

In other words, if you have the best OL in the league, Goff is the best QB for your team. IMO, Mahomes is the only QB that would improve this team

Comment

There are no shortcuts, you need a good line and good skill position players. What I've noticed this year is Goff has improved on his in pocket footwork. That was on display in the Viking game

Comment

Yep, even when he first got here, it used to be if you got him to shuffle his feet even a bit, either his accuracy went out the window or he turtled up and took a sack. Pocket presence is top notch now.

Comment

I still see "fans" on Twitter (or X, whatever) calling Goff a "system QB."

The whole system QB stuff drives me nuts. EVERY QB is in a system ffs. And then there was one guy recently who was saying that Goff does nothing impressive because "he has minimal air yards." Lmao, who gives a shit about air yards. At the end of the day the guy is leading the league in pass yards per attempt.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

He might be a system quarterback, but Goff and Johnson came up with the system after the 2021 season. They famously had the brainstorm session to come up with their base offense. It's why I don't sweat Johnson leaving as much as others.

In that game Sunday, that was mainly Goff killing the Vikings with pre-snap adjustments.
                            Last edited by froot loops; Today, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X