Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
    Campbell has two brain farts
    Kick the field goal at the end of the half.
    Kick the field goal with seven minutes to go from 59 yards out.

Lions win. It’s that simple. He does not trust his kicking game.
    It was an important play in the game....58 yard FG...thats why we got the new kicker...will he make it? Never a sure thing, but it was a possibility, maybe even 50-50 or better.....ALso the mishandling of the last 2 minutes of the first half was a disgrace....1:56, 3 TOs, own 44 yard line and manage the clock so badly that they dont even get 3 points out of it? Washington won today kicking 7 FGs....Sometimes you have to take the 3 to win games, especially when the offense is struggling mightily in the red zone.

Comment

• At that point in the game, the 59 yarder was not a good gamble.

The end of the first half was an absolute abomination.

The Lions Top to bottom just didn't have their shit together today. Hopefully it won't be a trend.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Meanwhile, it looks like St. Brown isn't going to miss any time. They'll probably go easy on him in practice this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          At that point in the game, the 59 yarder was not a good gamble.

The end of the first half was an absolute abomination.

The Lions Top to bottom just didn't have their shit together today. Hopefully it won't be a trend.
          It happens. There’s going to be ups and downs. You just hope that this loss doesn’t break them and they can bounce back. I would rather lose to a good Tampa team than a bad football team I know we should bad beaten.
          Last edited by Lionsfan123; September 15, 2024, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Just a really bad game. One of my pet peeves about Campbell's end of half and end of game objectives is he is overly concerned about scoring and giving no time to the opponent once they get to the opponents 40. They are so concerned with draining the clock that they take away any tempo they would have in the drive. It's a flaw most certainly coaches make now. They drain the clock and then they kind of run out of time if the defense stops them a few times.

Just score and if the other team scores with the time they left, tip your cap. But you gotta score, this shit is too clever by half.

​​​​
            Last edited by froot loops; September 15, 2024, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Seems like Campbell is still coaching like his defense is terrible. Which was appropriate last year, cause it was.

Comment

• The thought crossed my mind.

Comment

• I'd agree... except that as Froot noted, a lot of coaches are doing this nowadays, even coaches with perfectly good defenses.

Personally? I'm of the mind that if you're the trailing team, your primary focus needs to be scoring the points to take the lead. If that leaves time on the clock, so be it. Because we've seen this sort of thing happen over and over... the trailing coach tries to get cute, and they wind up ruining their chance.

Comment

• Dan can take the blame and certainly made some mistakes but Goff was the reason they lost.
                    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• The blunder before the half was inexcusable and Campbell said so in a postgame interview. Combine that with the play calling and Goff’s play and it was an all around stinker.

Comment

• Goff had a bad game but he shouldn't be throwing the ball 54 times WTF? I'm not even a big gotta run the ball guy, but I didn't understand what they were doing. In those drives at the ends of both half they don't even go towards the end zone. On that failed 4th down to St. Brown, not one of the 4 options runs a route into the end zone.

​​​​​They had a wide receiver screen to not Tim Patrick and Raymond. That pitch call was terrible. They kept on going wide by either run or pass and it wasn't there. Did they throw it deep after that long Jameson Williams catch?

It's pretty obvious that they miss Josh Reynolds more than I thought they would. He had 40 catches last year and 32 were for first down. When you are seeing Goff having to scramble it is telling everyone that nobody is getting open.

You are going to have games like this where everything they call thwarts anything you call, but the worrying thing is the offense has looked like shit for the first two games.

Comment

• I'd say Goff was a reason, maybe even a big reason, but there was a lot of failure, especially on the offensive side of the ball, to go around.

Comment

• Refs 20
                            Lions 16
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Goff had a bad game but he shouldn't be throwing the ball 54 times WTF? I'm not even a big gotta run the ball guy, but I didn't understand what they were doing. In those drives at the ends of both half they don't even go towards the end zone. On that failed 4th down to St. Brown, not one of the 4 options runs a route into the end zone.

​​​​​They had a wide receiver screen to not Tim Patrick and Raymond. That pitch call was terrible. They kept on going wide by either run or pass and it wasn't there. Did they throw it deep after that long Jameson Williams catch?

It's pretty obvious that they miss Josh Reynolds more than I thought they would. He had 40 catches last year and 32 were for first down. When you are seeing Goff having to scramble it is telling everyone that nobody is getting open.

You are going to have games like this where everything they call thwarts anything you call, but the worrying thing is the offense has looked like shit for the first two games.
                              I watched a Jared Goff highlight reel from 2023...I was really surprised how often the big plays were to Josh Reynolds. If you just look at the numbers it is nt impressive, but when I saw the plays and how often they were on film, especially the first half of the season or so, Josh R was a bigger part of the offense than people realize. Myabe he isnt that great of a player, but he is someone that Goff felt very comfortable with and that he is missing that this year.

Comment

• The running game should be a weapon for this team. With the exception of the overtime drive, the run blocking has been dismal in these two games. I have faith it will improve, but I’m sick of hearing how this is one of the best o-lines in the NFL. It sure as hell isn’t so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X