No announcement yet.

GBU: RAMming it down their throats in OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they edited out Collinsworth talking about positioning the ball for a FG. (Edit: they did not)
    Last edited by Mainevent; September 10, 2024, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I heard that.

Comment

Nope, it's still there. I must have hit a skip ahead and just missed. Heard Tirico talking about scoring the TD and thought they took it out.

Comment

Shared the Baldinger video with a former OL friend of mine because he loves that stuff. And he said “I sort of feel bad for that poor kid from Florida State getting manhandled like that” and had to remind him that Penei is actually a year younger than that “kid”.

Comment

He's actually a month or so older but whatever
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Fiske is 24 years old, which is who I was referring to and who Penei roadgraded on that last drive. But whatever.
              Last edited by Mainevent; September 10, 2024, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Ah ok gotcha. I was thinking Verse ... also from Florida State
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  I watched the drive again. On the second to last play the O line had pushed the D line so far off the ball that they were past the first down line before Monty got the ball and on the TD they had blown the d line into the endzone before the handoff as well

Fucking amazing.
                  Screenshot_20240911_114853_Google.jpg
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Nope, it's still there. I must have hit a skip ahead and just missed. Heard Tirico talking about scoring the TD and thought they took it out.
                    I missed it live, but heard it when I watched the OT drive again. Collinsworth went back in time for a few minutes. Then I guess he got the update in his ear and suddenly he says we obviously want the TD. Went from saying kick it on 3rd down to suddenly go for it if we get to 4th.
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Not only was it wrong from a strategy point, but they were smashing it down the field encountering little resistance. At no point in that drive is there a down and distance that a field goal attempt was ever going to be an outcome for Dan Campbell. They would have needed a holding penalty or something like that

Comment

I think the shortest gain that entire drive was a 4-yard run on 1st down. The Lions were never in a position where a field goal would have even been in the back of Campbell's mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X