Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBU: RAMming it down their throats in OT

G: Lions win, Bates with a good start, OL finally got it going in OT

B: Rams may have found a blueprint for limiting the offense.
    Rams down a bunch of players, but we couldn't put them away

U: Arnold with multiple PIs in the endzone​

(I've never started a GBU thread before)

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
    G: Lions win, Bates with a good start, OL finally got it going in OT

B: Rams may have found a blueprint for limiting the offense.
    Rams down a bunch of players, but we couldn't put them away

U: Arnold with multiple PIs in the endzone​

(I've never started a GBU thread before)
    You did good.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

I thought Arnold played well. Cooper Kupp is one of the best receivers in the league. That last PI was a great PI, it saved them 4 points.

Comment

Arnold is a rookie going up against Stafford and the Rams. The PIs should have been expected.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I thought Arnold played well. Cooper Kupp is one of the best receivers in the league. That last PI was a great PI, it saved them 4 points.
          Yeah, it may have been an unfair ugly in that Arnold played well for a rookie CB overall considering the circumstances. I think in the future he'll be able to make better/smarter plays there.

Comment

Arnold will be fine. Just growing pains and adjusting to NFL receiving. I expect this secondary to make some big plays this year. They were a couple whiffs away from picking him off a couple more times.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

If you are getting beat in the end zone against Kill, commit the PI. It's a good play

Comment

The first PI on Arnold was one that if any other name than "CUPP" was on that jersey, it probably doesn't get called. That was the sort hand battling that refs normally let go, but Cooper Cupp gets special consideration on the goal line, and has for years.

The second one was very obvious, but yeah... it's a PI you gotta take.

Comment

After everything I seen I will say this. Teams have studied and saw what the Lions did offensively last year and will definitely give guys like LaPorta and Sun God more attention and try to take those guys away.

You can tell we miss Josh Reynolds tonight and it showed. Hopefully someone like Tim Patrick can fill that void that Josh left because if we can get something out of him, I think we will be fine. Teams will force Jamo to beat them and the Rams had no answers for him and that probably will be the theme of the Lions offense this season. We definitely will need another WR because Raymond was non-existent and wasn’t a factor so there is some questions that still need to be answered offensively.
                  Last edited by Lionsfan123; September 8, 2024, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Good - I guess the defense even against a banged up Rams offense. A healthy Stafford goes a long way. Detroit OL on the last drive.

Bad - offense for 3 and a half quarters. Not God awful but just meh. And disappointing to be honest. First game bleh's. 16 more to go..

Comment

Not really a GBU, but I thought that the secondary looked like a bunch of good players who are not used to playing together. A lot of great individual plays, but frequent miscommunications and the almost comically bad tackling on the one long play near the end of the 3rd Q.

If things smooth out like you'd expect, the secondary could excel

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                        Not really a GBU, but I thought that the secondary looked like a bunch of good players who are not used to playing together. A lot of great individual plays, but frequent miscommunications and the almost comically bad tackling on the one long play near the end of the 3rd Q.

If things smooth out like you'd expect, the secondary could excel
                        I have a feeling we may have to lean on the defense this year so hopefully they can figure it out

Comment

This was a playoff level game, they barely won last year and the Rams have an improved defense. The Rams wisely quit using Michael Hoecht as a coverage linebacker, that hurt them in the playoff game. That Rams team may win the West. The Rams organization is kind of like the Packers organization, expecting them to fall off is not wise. They are good take t evaluators and they have a great quarterback

Not having Reynolds was an issue. Eventually they will find someone. But a big problem was they had a clear problem with the cleats, they were slipping so much it seems like they were playing in Sao Paulo. They were at least a couple plays where a player fell on a crucial play offensively.

Comment

People keep saying the Rams found the blueprint of limiting our offense but our offense was solved last year by the Bears. We barely beat the Bears and could had easily gotten swept by them. The only difference is that our OL was so dominant at opposing their will against other teams that most of the time it didn’t work when teams did try to limit our offense.

We’re see what adjustments Ben Johnson can do.
                            Last edited by Lionsfan123; September 9, 2024, 12:00 AM.

Comment

They scored 26 points against that playbook and that is a very good team in a prime time game that they've had all off-season to game plan for.

Comment

Working...
                              X