No announcement yet.

GBU: RAMming it down their throats in OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is solved. LA could not stop the lions power run game. The fact lions moved away from it shows options. Not every team has that ability. lions can beat defenses multiple ways.

power run with Monty. Speed with gibbs. WR big play with Williams. All worked today.

Sun god and laporta were quiet over the middle. The mid passing attack was off a bit. They will get theirs over the season based on how teams play Det. You can win with that alone.

Play action was not featured heavily but they could work in more.

And if teams try to clog the middle with zones. Just need to attack the sidelines or deep. Reynolds will be missed there but Williams has more upside. He looks better this season. Heck maybe one of the bigger WR steps up as well.

Ben Johnson is not worried. He has options.

If you mentioned pass rush options from DE. Very few options and no depth. My guess is Glenn is more worried about that.
    AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

Blue prints are overrated anyway. When you become one of the top teams, everyone figures out the blue print to stop you. The blue print has been out on the Chiefs for a long time and they have adjusted. If your coaching staff is a one trick pony then it might be an issue. The Rams are good and their coach knows Goff, it's a hard matchup and all three games against the Rams have been slugfests.

The NFL is a one score league. Every NFL fan wants to win comfortably by three tds every week. NBC pays a lot of money to get matchups.that aren't going to be blow outs

Comment

Goff said something in post game that his cadence was off and creating problems for the offfense.
        said it will get better and it’s on him.
        Not sure what he was talking about but putting it out there for smarter football people then me to make heads out of it.

Comment

GREAT win!!!!!!!!!!!! Not their greatest game and lot's of things to clean up but they still won. Rams played a great game. Kudos to them.I was holding my breath when JaMo went down.
          Last edited by DanO; September 9, 2024, 05:00 AM.
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Blue prints are overrated anyway. When you become one of the top teams, everyone figures out the blue print to stop you. The blue print has been out on the Chiefs for a long time and they have adjusted. If your coaching staff is a one trick pony then it might be an issue. The Rams are good and their coach knows Goff, it's a hard matchup and all three games against the Rams have been slugfests.

The NFL is a one score league. Every NFL fan wants to win comfortably by three tds every week. NBC pays a lot of money to get matchups.that aren't going to be blow outs
            Ditto. Good post Loops.

"After everything I seen I will say this. Teams have studied and saw what the Lions did offensively last year and will definitely give guys like LaPorta and Sun God more attention and try to take those guys away.

You can tell we miss Josh Reynolds tonight and it showed. Hopefully someone like Tim Patrick can fill that void that Josh left because if we can get something out of him, I think we will be fine. Teams will force Jamo to beat them and the Rams had no answers for him and that probably will be the theme of the Lions offense this season. We definitely will need another WR because Raymond was non-existent and wasn’t a factor so there is some questions that still need to be answered offensively.​"
            --------------------------
            Williams handled himself more than adequately. They'll be fine. First game and all. Lions will adjust.

"Not really a GBU, but I thought that the secondary looked like a bunch of good players who are not used to playing together. A lot of great individual plays, but frequent miscommunications and the almost comically bad tackling on the one long play near the end of the 3rd Q.

If things smooth out like you'd expect, the secondary could excel"

------------------I thought the secondary looked pretty good all together. I really like Arnold. Have since they drafted him and I've seen him interviews. Very confident which is great!​
            Last edited by DanO; September 9, 2024, 05:14 AM.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
              People keep saying the Rams found the blueprint of limiting our offense but our offense was solved last year by the Bears. We barely beat the Bears and could had easily gotten swept by them. The only difference is that our OL was so dominant at opposing their will against other teams that most of the time it didn’t work when teams did try to limit our offense.

We’re see what adjustments Ben Johnson can do.
              This offense isn't solved. They'll adjust. Rams played a damn good game and they are a good team. I picked them to win their division. That doesn't make make them good however. lol....but they are.
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                Goff said something in post game that his cadence was off and creating problems for the offfense.
                said it will get better and it’s on him.
                Not sure what he was talking about but putting it out there for smarter football people then me to make heads out of it.
                The "cadence" can mean anything from the pre-snap timing (for things like receivers in motion or shifting linemen) to things like how quickly he gets rid of the ball after his drop back. There was definitely quite a bit of mistiming that (at least for now) I'm willing to write off as a consequence of not playing any game snaps together at all during the off-season.

Comment

Yeah offense was not clicking in the pass game except for Jamo (which is an odd thing to say). Don’t know if the Rams were doing something the Lions weren’t expecting or what. Lions had too many plays where they ran the route 1-2 yards short of the sticks. I know that’s where you like to get your receivers and backs against LBs but Rams were all over those and tackled really well.

Defense was solid - Stafford was awesome and not much you can do sometimes with those plays he makes. The one big bust was the long catch and run. And I don’t love to bitch about this stuff, but there probably should have been about 5 more flags for the OL tackling and hooking Hutch. Davenport with a strong game (yes against backups). They need to clean up how they deal with motion and tighten up the coverage in the flats, too many easy completions there.

Comment

The Rams (almost) beat the Lions at their own game. Long methodical drives that keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing offense. The Rams had 4 drives of 10 or plays, but there aren’t a ton of teams who can sustain that for a whole game.

Goff couldn’t seem to get into a rhythm. Looked indecisive and half a beat off.

Thought the D-Line looked good. Stafford was getting the ball out in just over 2 seconds, but still had people closing in on him every play.

And a special shout out to Rodrigo, for chasing down Tyler Johnson from behind on that 63 yard reception while the rest of the defense was doing their best Keystone Cops impersonation.
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

An intense game that finished shortly before midnight and I need to power through a workday (which is obviously easier after a win).
                      When a razor thin margin between a win and a loss is mentioned this sure was it, like the one time Stafford couldn't connect with Kupp on 3rd down or the dropped pick from the Rams defender on the Lions last drive in regulation. These are games that will loom large for winning a division and having home field in playoff games. The Lions grit and determination showed on the OT drive, that's what we hope to see all season.

Comment

Good: Jamo, Bates, Monty, Anzalone, Kirby, Davenport, and of course getting the W while in preseason form. Also, no catastrophic injuries.

Bad: The core of the offense: Goff, Gibbs, and St Brown didn't play like they can or should. Secondary improvements not yet noticable. Pass rusher tackling in the backfield.

Ugly: Nothing. Just... I don't wanna play this team again.
                        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by GALion68 View Post
                          An intense game that finished shortly before midnight and I need to power through a workday (which is obviously easier after a win).
                          When a razor thin margin between a win and a loss is mentioned this sure was it, like the one time Stafford couldn't connect with Kupp on 3rd down or the dropped pick from the Rams defender on the Lions last drive in regulation. These are games that will loom large for winning a division and having home field in playoff games. The Lions grit and determination showed on the OT drive, that's what we hope to see all season.
                          Lions had their share of dropped passes/interceptions and other miscues as well.
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Good: this
                            ​​​​​

No bad
                            No ugly
                            Last edited by edindetroit; September 9, 2024, 09:11 AM.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Good: Goff winning the coin toss! Ha!

Now serious. Rams played well, are a good team, a playoff team. That's the Stafford we know well. Great game from him.

But...tell me a best way to win it yesterday? To start a season, to make a statement? "Grit!". This is it right?

Lions were unstopable on OT. You can't always be dominant on offense. But what makes a good team is that will have various ways to win a game. Lions proved that yesterday. Goff, God sun, and Gibbs didn't "show up" yesterday, but will show up next week, yesterday was Jamo and Montgomery time.

I'm happy. And very confident in the seasons to come. We will have some fun!

Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                              🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                              https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
                                People keep saying the Rams found the blueprint of limiting our offense but our offense was solved last year by the Bears. We barely beat the Bears and could had easily gotten swept by them. The only difference is that our OL was so dominant at opposing their will against other teams that most of the time it didn’t work when teams did try to limit our offense.

We’re see what adjustments Ben Johnson can do.
                                Also, last year, how many times the Lions passing game looked underwhelming for 3 quarters then Goff gets it in gear. I truly believe if LA stopped the Lions run in OT, they would have thrown it better and WOULD have scored. They just didn't need to. That's the benefits of having a good OL. They wear on defenses. I never count them out until the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X