Exhibition 2 - Lions @ Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooker in, good to see.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Hooker with his 1st NFL TD with his legs

Comment

Hooker should be QB2
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Nice drive Hooker

Comment

Just as I was posting that.....

Comment

Win or lose there was a lot of good things that happened

Comment

Donovan Peoples I definitely don’t see making the roster. A lot of other guys really stepped up today

Comment

Bates kicks the game winner

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
                      Donovan Peoples I definitely don’t see making the roster. A lot of other guys really stepped up today
                      DPJ is gone. I’ve seen enough.
                      A little reminiscent of Breshad Perriman’s summer trajectory back in 2021. Though we were counting on DPJ to be WR #4 when compared to counting on Perriman to be WR #2.

Not sure if Kaden Davis or any of the others have done enough to lock in that 4th WR spot. Lions might have to be active through a waiver claim, free agency, or trade.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

That was almost as difficult to watch as Dirty Dancing. Exhibition football stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I don't know if I can handle an entire season of Bates. Every fucking kick is an adventure.
                          I don't know, he didn't kick much in high school and only handled kick offs in college. His only real experience was in the UFL last year which is the equivalent of playing preseason games in the NFL if that. He's making big kicks and I think his best is ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

I don't know, he didn't kick much in high school and only handled kick offs in college. His only real experience was in the UFL last year which is the equivalent of playing preseason games in the NFL if that. He's making big kicks and I think his best is ahead of him.
                            Yep. Of course he missed the extra point but that last kick was clutch, so who the fuck knows?

I think he is going to be a rollercoaster ride.

BTW, I for some reason I was pretty confident it the game winner?
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Generally I think you want your QB2 to be just a less talented version of the guy ahead of him so the offense can maintain rhythm. For example, Vick was a mobile lefty, so Tebow would've been an ideal backup QB for him. So I understand the idea of Sudfeld, a traditional pocket passer to back up Goff. But even on his best day, Sudfeld is below serviceable.

Bates - was pleased to see him bounce back from the missed PAT, and especially hit the game winner. The broadcast paid particular attention to the placement of the ball on the hash for the kicker, which I liked and have watched a lot in the past on my own as well. It's strange that Hooker clearly put the ball on the left hash, then we were kicking that last FG from the middle of the hash. But since in pre-season there is no attempt to win a game, I wonder if Bates actually wants it on the left side or if the special teams coach was just wanting Bates to work on kicks from the left hash.

I was surprised to see Paschal in the game so late, especially considering the loss of Commish.
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                                Win or lose there was a lot of good things that happened
                                This^^^^

Coming back to win will also be a good bump for the team's psyche.

I think other than the "Football Follies" play in the Championship game last year, Vildor was solid for a street free agent last year and looked good today. I think he will be quality depth in a position where you can't have too many good players.

Not sure who got injured early. (fucking Chiefs' broadcast) I hope it is minor.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X