No announcement yet.

The Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s great for Lyles haters -‘if he pulls out of the relay, he’s selfish for not running with his team; if he stayed in, he’s selfish for not stepping aside when he’s clearly not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      It’s great for Lyles haters -‘if he pulls out of the relay, he’s selfish for not running with his team; if he stayed in, he’s selfish for not stepping aside when he’s clearly not 100%.
      I'm a Lyles fan. He makes his races must-see and, to me, it's all positive fun energy. Usain Bolt has even said that he's good for the sport.

His reaction after the 200 was a little drama-queen, but I'm okay with it.

Comment

I like him too, he's fun. He's trying to draw attention to him and his sport, and some people just can't deal with that. It was the same stuff with Bolt. I have one friend just bitching about Lyles and when I pointed out that a lot of the stuff he does isn't much different than what NFL players do including guys like Hutch and St. Brown, he's like "well that's different". No, no it's not.

Comment

Lyles overdoes it and he stands out because the rest of the current sprinters are pretty boring.

It's a far cry from the days of Lewis, Burrell, Johnson and Boldin. Those guys all peacocked.

Comment

Hopefully he returns in LA and completes the double. I like him as well. Hope LeDecky and Biles return as well. They will all be 31 in four years and the home Olympics has to be hugely attractive.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

It'd be really tough to double at 31. He barely won the 100m, and there a lot of promising sprinters that are rising. The 100m champion in Los Angeles might be running in the low 9.7s, and I just don't see Lyles getting there unless he makes some drastic improvements with his start out of the blocks.

Comment

He can game time working on his start. One would think he would have that down by now but it still has room for improvement.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Unless Ledecky gets a bad injury, she is a go for LA. She is the rare swimmer who loves practice.

I would be surprised to see Biles in 2028.

Comment

Reminded me of the Road Runner passing the Coyote. Ha!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Damn, the gold medal game in b-ball was fun to watch. Even if the score didn't end all that close, the level of play was astonishingly high from both teams.

Comment

Chef Curry was 17-26 from 3 in the semis and finals. When they won, you could tell it really meant something to him. It's his first gold medal.

If you haven't seen it, you need to. Absolutely epic game takeover by Curry to close it out. His "golden dagger" took out an entire country.

Can't be many players in history that Keven Durant purposely gives up the ball to close the game like that.

Comment

I've watched that Nuit, Nuit shot about 30 times. Steph said he even impressed himself with that shot

Throughout the tournament KD was telling teammates that you have patience to wait for him to free himself open. Steph requested the LeBron PNR where Steph was the screener because that's what LeBron would do to him in the finals. Great shit.

We are always going to be favored but the margin is getting smaller every 4 years. That is probably the most talented team ever and would go about at least 75-7 in a regular NBA game, but in a 40 minute game with three timeouts you can get upset

Comment

Well, there’s a scenario where the French team could be pushing the US as the favorite in 4 years - Wemby could be the best player in the world by then, combine that with the recent influx of top drafted talent from France, it could get real interesting. The one thing France didn’t really have was a dynamic guard, but there’s a top PG prospect from France in next year’s draft.

The US will always have the deeper pool of talent to choose from, but at the end of the day it’s really about the top 6-8 guys for each team that matters in a short, single elimination tournament.

Comment

Canada should be tough in 2028 as well.

Comment

Yeah, they need some bigs, but they have Zach Edey at least on the horizon to help there.

Comment

Working...
                                X