No announcement yet.

The Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally, it is all hands on deck for 4x400 event finals. I don't remember many omissions in the past. You always want to part of a dynasty.

Comment

Lyles didn't have it today, it looks like he had an asthma attack after the race.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Lyles didn't have it today, it looks like he had an asthma attack after the race.
        NOPE!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

NBC is reporting that Lyles had Covid, it explains the mask he was wearing before the event.

Comment

Interesting they let him run if true.

Comment

It would have been tough to beat Tobogo even if healthy - 20.45 is a fast time.

Comment

Holy shit - SML is unreal.

Comment

Almost a sweep for the USA. Femke's stuffer on one of the last hurdle's almost cost her the bronze.

Comment

Great race by Holloway. Now that's a fucking lean by Daniels Roberts. That's how you do it

Comment

Thought Bol went out too fast, tried to run SML's race when she's usually the one chasing down people on the final straightaway. That or she shouldn't have run that anchor leg on the mixed relay

Going to be amazing to see what SML does in the future. She has so much speed and strength she could do the 400 double or leave the hurdles and do the Michael Johnson 200/400 combo.

Comment

Now that I've watched the replay 10 times. Bol loses steam on the ninth hurdle (which Cockrell explodes over) and it cascades into the 10th hurdle where she has a slight stutter that makes her use the opposite foot and probably kills any burst she might have to close on Cockrell. Of course, as far as I can tell Sydney's form is nearly perfect, the gain she gets on Bol in 8, 9 and 10 is unreal.

There's not much you can do running your own race when she cuts .28 off her own world record.

pANDs

Cockrell raising her hand before the start in the prelims was a key point

Comment

The announcers didn't make nearly enough of a big deal about breaking an already insane record by almost .3. SML almost making people numb to her ridiculousness.

Speaking of ridiculousness, Steph Curry redeemed himself and saved USA's ass today. Epic game. Him, LeBron and Embiid of all people dragging the US back from in the 4th. But Curry was the only reason they were even there with a chance.

Comment

As bad as World Cup soccer can be with the quality of play. Olympic basketball can be the opposite with superior play. They need to use regular basketballs though, it looks like they are playing with outdoor balls.

One thing that had me yelling at my TV was Embiid driving from the 3 point line just after the US caught up. You are not in Philly my man.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              NBC is reporting that Lyles had Covid, it explains the mask he was wearing before the event.
                              I was wondering why he had a mask on. Explains some things.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Lyles tested positive for COVID right after the 100m, might have even got it before the 100m. He tweeted that he won't run the relay, but knowing his love for drama, I wouldn't count it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X